Please help me become an Overclocker!!!

Shadow_Monkey8192

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2007
Hi, a while back I stumbled onto this site in search on advice as to how to build my own computer. Since then I managed to learn a lot, but I never really touched the subject of Overclocking. I want to learn more about this and other subjects, before I attempt to build my frist true "build".

So first, Are there other "good" sites where I can go or that you reccomend when it comes to computers and overclocking? I pretty much never left Tom's Hardware except for the few visits I make to the INQ.

Second, As far as Overclocking goes, where do I start? Do you guys reccomend any articles or books to help me to start and understand this subject better?

Third, Are their any other "good" online shops that I can go to? I have used Newegg in the past for a few peripherals its been my favorite since.

Thank you for taking the time to help me!! If you have any advice or tips I am all ears. Thanks again

cnumartyr

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2007
As far as other sites, I don't want to advertise other "competing" sites here. :p

Read the articles at the top of the page, Overclocking a C2D/C2Q, Athlon 64, Athlon X2.. any guides you can find, anywhere and everywhere.

I use a bunch of sites to buy stuff...

Hardware:
Newegg
Tigerdirect
ZipZoomFly
Mwave
ClubIT

Performance Shops
Petras Tech Shop (shoppts.com)
Performance-PCs.com
FrozenCPU.com

The last 3 are generally for cooling and mod gear.

I ussually shop around for lowest prices, I was happy I got my 8800 GTS with a free copy of Crysis for $339.

Shadow_Monkey8192

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2007

Thank you for the info, very prompt thanks man!!