Budget build choices

hawkbit

Distinguished
Dec 12, 2004
I'm nearing my complete build, but I've hit my budget limit before I can get everything I want. For a gaming rig, would you go with Option 1 or 2? My gut is telling me #1, but I'd like to hear what others have to say.

e6750
550w Antec NeoHE
8800 GTX

q6600
650w Antec NeoHE
8800 GTS 640

G

I would go with the quad. There isn't a big difference in speed between the 2 processors. The way I see things, and the way I used my computer, the quad wins because when I do multiple things at the same time I now have 4 cores to do the work instead of 2, i.e. twice the number of workers.

Games may not take advantage of the 4 cores yet but that will change soon enough.

Just my 3 cents worth.

Jacob6909

Distinguished
Sep 29, 2007
What is your limit? And i would say one looks pretty good. Evan though i personally am going to wait a little for price drops.

hawkbit

Distinguished
Dec 12, 2004
http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/245523-31-ordering-soon-help

That was my first thread on this build. The build in that thread is right at my budget, but I'm trying to squeak another $150 into my budget so I can choose either option 1 or 2 from above. I realize there are parts in that build that are overpriced and/or extravagant, but I trust those companies and want to stick with their products. I'm still open to other ideas, but one would have to make a convincing argument to change my mind.

Thanks again all.

deathsycthehe11

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2007
I would go with option #1, then later on upgrade the processor. I would upgrade the graphic card instead of the cpu since your a gamer. Always good to wait since this quater into the next promises new and better hardware, but if you cant, just go with option one.