Sign in with
Your question

Irritating box with yellow top band in ie9?

Last response: in Windows Vista
April 6, 2011 1:58:14 AM

I have Vista Home Premium & just installed IE9. Quite different from IE8, so having a bit of a time trying to figure out what this is. In previous version of IE, after I deleted browsing history, a small box would pop up at the top of the page showing progress of deleting all that I asked to delete. WINDOW WOULD THEN CLOSE.

In IE9 after deleting browsing history, a narrow white box with an X on the right side and a narrow yellow band at top of the box, pops up at the bottom of the web page saying "Internet Explorer has finished deleting the selected browsing history". THE SMALL WINDOW WILL NOT CLOSE OR GO AWAY UNTIL I PRESS THE X !!! It's a waste of time & extremely annoying & irritating to have to stop what I'm going to do to press the X...

I have searched all over the internet since yesterday and cannot find a solution to this new problem I have. There are also some other buggy things in this version--if I can't find a solution, I'm for sure going to go back to IE8!!!!Could someone pleeeeeeeeze help me? Thank you so very much.
April 6, 2011 3:53:54 PM

Agreed nuisance, the "Internet Explorer has finished deleting the selected browsing history" light yellow bar. Instead of a popup of any kind, why not incorporate the alert into the unused space of the browser? It's another click. If you're a developer constantly clearing cache, it really becomes annoying. If you don't close it and you repeatedly use that functionality, you don't really know when the cache is clear because the box is always there. If you use IE's developer's tools you can use the Ctrl+R command to clear just the cache without a message. Something like this shouldn't require a workaround though, it should just be done right from the start. Frustrating.
m
l
April 7, 2011 3:03:19 AM

IE9 Nuisance said:
Agreed nuisance, the "Internet Explorer has finished deleting the selected browsing history" light yellow bar. Instead of a popup of any kind, why not incorporate the alert into the unused space of the browser? It's another click. If you're a developer constantly clearing cache, it really becomes annoying. If you don't close it and you repeatedly use that functionality, you don't really know when the cache is clear because the box is always there. If you use IE's developer's tools you can use the Ctrl+R command to clear just the cache without a message. Something like this shouldn't require a workaround though, it should just be done right from the start. Frustrating.

I appreciate your reply and input!! So, are we the ONLY two who have noticed this, or cared enough to query any forum about the nuisance??? Honestly, in search of an answer for the past 2 days, I've input many combinations of words to try to get something, anything--no joy. Seems strange. The IE9 update has been around for awhile. If there's no answer re this, I suppose I should submit to MS, but that's no help in the meantime. Thanks again. Have a great evening.
m
l
April 16, 2011 8:35:37 PM

No, .. you are not the only two. It is IRRITATING indeed.
m
l
April 16, 2011 9:36:33 PM

Thanks for your input WacoJohn! I finally gave up on IE9 & went back to 8. Tired of fooling with it. I also unstalled Adobe Reader X. It appears neither of these wants to play nice with Vista. :( 
m
l
April 25, 2011 4:17:35 AM

I used FOXIT as an alternative to Adobe Reader for years. I don't know how they are doing for IE9-64 though .. but my history with them has been very good. I THINK the last time I looked into it, they did not have a product for IE9-64 .. yet.

Back to the topic of this thread .. it REALLY is ridiculous to have that pop up. I hate it. I googled it .. and found only this thread. I am surprised there are not more hits on it. I am sure no one likes it.
m
l
April 30, 2011 12:23:16 AM

Totally irritating. Over the years I have come up with one thing M$ doesn't care what you want, IT IS WHAT THEY WANT!!!!!!
m
l
May 7, 2011 2:59:59 AM

IE9isBad said:
Totally irritating. Over the years I have come up with one thing M$ doesn't care what you want, IT IS WHAT THEY WANT!!!!!!

Thanks very much for your reply IE9isBAD! :)  BUT, if nobody tells MS what a pain this yellow box popup is---it's never going to be fixed.
m
l
June 22, 2011 6:52:21 PM

TOTALLY irritating. I'd love to know what their rationale was for just leaving the bar there. Why not have it disappear on the next mouse action or at least when navigating away from the page or reloading. It's ridiculous. Maybe this is one of those bug-is-a-feature things. :sarcastic: 
m
l
July 8, 2011 10:56:25 PM

WhyMSWhy said:
TOTALLY irritating. I'd love to know what their rationale was for just leaving the bar there. Why not have it disappear on the next mouse action or at least when navigating away from the page or reloading. It's ridiculous. Maybe this is one of those bug-is-a-feature things. :sarcastic: 

Thanks for your reply! Who knows what their rationale is/was???? Maybe just to irritate a bunch of folks? :sarcastic:  Anyway, I'm staying far away from the update.
m
l
!