ecs K75SA (r3.1) won't boot with Athlon 1400 MHz

Someone30

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2007
Thanks for the reply. I was using SDR RAM and changed to a DDR stick and the system booted once with the 1333 chip and then hung when trying to get into the BIOS. On following system resets no POST. I then tried the 1400 MHz CPU and the system seems to boot fine with no issues but the CPU is registering as a 1050 MHz and when trying to get into the BIOS and CPU... option menu it won't let me change the multiplier for the CPU. Any ideas ? I've tried reflashing with an slower CPU i.e. 900 MHz but still same issue. Any ideas ?

Someone30

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2007
Does anyone know whether its safe to flash the BIOS to an older version (i.e. previous one) to see if that might correct the issue ? Thanks.

Someone30

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2007
How and where in the BIOS can I change the FSB ? If I go into the BIOS if this is the only option then whats missing is that all of the options under the CPU PnP setting cannot be changed. I cannot move to the different settings at all. Only into this menu options and out and thats it.

Someone30

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2007
Thanks everyone problem solved.

Your looking at the biggest *retar#* on this forum. I went once more into the BIOS settings because there are only two jumpers for this board (J1 & J4) and neither of them have to do with CPU settings or memory settings. I actually read this time how to change the DRAM frequency correctly by using the PgUp and PgDwn keys. The DRAM settings is the one that gets the focus by default when you enter the CPU and PnP Setup in the BIOS. You cannot move anywhere else. It worked CPU is clocked at its correct speed and thats 1400 MHz.

Sorry guys. I'm just not used to AMI BIOSes and in my opinion are not as friendly as AWARDS. I have not owned hardly any boards sporting the AMI BIOS. Only back in the days do I remember 486 boards having them. I also remember having one board having the Phoenix BIOS.

Cheers