>> 8800GTX dimensions. will it fit in my case?

monst0r

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2007
hey all...just wondering if the 8800gtx would fit in my ultra aluminus case...if anyone has any experience with this card and case (or just the card..) please input your advice...I've heard that its about 11"?? i measured almost EXACTLY 11" between the backplate and the hard drive bay. I'm willing to move the HDDs up to the 5.25" bays if necessary, so don't worry, I'm not shy about modding :p basically, just a yes or no if it will fit, thanks :??:

gfxcardsizenx4.jpg

T8RR8R

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2007
YES it will fit, but it's VERY tight. You have to line it up and then lift the end with the connectors on it up and past the drive cage vertical support. Then it'll drop in to place so you can finish the install. Another way to do it is to use a dremel and just zip out the entire drive cage...not what I'd plan on doing though.

Also take your HDD's out and turn them around the other way so the cables are in the back, it just looks better that way. :) Good luck.

justinmcg67

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2007
In my case, if I could put a piece of paper between my case and the very back of the card..the paper would get stuck...but hey, it fits... :D

Valtiel

Distinguished
Feb 28, 2005
It seems to me that although being 12" long the GTX seems to fit into most cases that people build with.
I would only be concerned if your case was not above midATX standard, which would probably be a case that you wouldn't want to throw a whole bunch of high performance components into. I haven't seen a post about the GTX not fitting into a certain case yet here on Tom's.