How to get rid of now unwanted buisness deals in SC4?

Archived from groups: alt.games.simcity (More info?)

SC4:

Is there any way to get rid of the toxic waste dump without bulldozing it
for $20,000? As I remember you could cancel deals with neighbours in SC3000?

Also, I have read that to minimize traffic you can put in buses. That
doesn't seem to work because only 8 people use it - on all stations. Is
there any specific requirements for bus stations?

thanks

Moo
4 answers Last reply
More about unwanted buisness deals
  1. Archived from groups: alt.games.simcity (More info?)

    Moo wrote:
    > Is there any way to get rid of the toxic waste dump without
    > bulldozing it for $20,000? As I remember you could cancel deals with
    > neighbours in SC3000?

    Business deals arn't the same as neighbour deals, you must demolish them to
    get rid of them. You can cancel nieghbour deals in the budget menu.

    > Also, I have read that to minimize traffic you can put in buses. That
    > doesn't seem to work because only 8 people use it - on all stations.
    > Is there any specific requirements for bus stations?

    Mass Transit only works properly with a large city (50k+), before that you
    can use ordinances and roads (instead of streets).

    ---
  2. Archived from groups: alt.games.simcity (More info?)

    "Moo" <.@nospam.org> wrote in message
    > SC4:
    >
    > Is there any way to get rid of the toxic waste dump without bulldozing it
    > for $20,000? As I remember you could cancel deals with neighbours in
    SC3000?

    Create a disaster - burn it or cause a volcano to obliterate it. Saves your
    $20,000. If its close to other buildings just hit it with lightning a few
    times and let it burn down, though you have to do it a few times. Have fire
    engines on stand by in case you get any collateral damage.

    Mike
  3. Archived from groups: alt.games.simcity (More info?)

    Will Bradshaw wrote:

    > Moo wrote:
    > > Is there any way to get rid of the toxic waste dump without
    > > bulldozing it for $20,000? As I remember you could cancel deals with
    > > neighbours in SC3000?
    >
    > Business deals arn't the same as neighbour deals, you must demolish them to
    > get rid of them. You can cancel nieghbour deals in the budget menu.

    Correct...

    > > Also, I have read that to minimize traffic you can put in buses. That
    > > doesn't seem to work because only 8 people use it - on all stations.
    > > Is there any specific requirements for bus stations?
    >
    > Mass Transit only works properly with a large city (50k+), before that you
    > can use ordinances and roads (instead of streets).

    You can use the ordinance/road method but the issue of low bus ridership
    is normally one of failing to place enough bus stations. This is an
    issue that comes up periodically in this group and even texts like the
    Prima Strategy guide don't address it very directly.

    But the gist of it is that sims tend to minimize their travel time to
    their jobs (but not absolutely). Poor sims mostly take mass transit
    regardless if it's available, middle class decides whether mass transit
    or driving is faster and wealthy sims prefer to drive. And since
    walking to a bus or subway station incurs a fairly serious time penalty,
    mass transit stations need to be placed fairly closely together. I find
    in practice that about one bus stop per typical city block works pretty
    well until the city population exceeds about 250K. In fact, in a test
    city I'm farting around with at the moment, the total population's only
    up to about 24,000, the city's the only one on the entire map and all
    the streets are of road class, not street. Nonetheless, so many sims
    ride the bus that some of the stops in the commerical district are over
    subscribed and need a second stop placed next to them. More important
    than this issue is that if you ever expect to grow your city to a
    substantial size (300K+), you need to get your mass transit stations in
    place or at least reserve space for them right from the git go. Bus
    stations on every corner and an empty tile reserved next to them for the
    subway system I usually start building when the city population hits
    50-60K+ for a lone city or 25K+ for one with major demand raised by
    neighbor cities. Otherwise, you'll find yourself either topping out in
    demand (the city refuses to grow anymore no matter what perks you
    provide) or having to bulldoze valuable buildings.
    ---
    Mike
  4. Archived from groups: alt.games.simcity (More info?)

    On Sun, 2 May 2004 13:44:42 +0100, "Mike"
    <mike_tlnoREMOVE@hotmail.com> wrote:

    >"Moo" <.@nospam.org> wrote in message
    >> SC4:
    >>
    >> Is there any way to get rid of the toxic waste dump without bulldozing it
    >> for $20,000? As I remember you could cancel deals with neighbours in
    >SC3000?
    >
    >Create a disaster - burn it or cause a volcano to obliterate it. Saves your
    >$20,000. If its close to other buildings just hit it with lightning a few
    >times and let it burn down, though you have to do it a few times. Have fire
    >engines on stand by in case you get any collateral damage.
    >

    >Mike

    I think the pollution effects of the toxic waste dump linger for years
    and years, though!

    Alan

    DYSLEXICS OF THE WORLD UNTIE!

Games Video Games