Why's thg so fanatic about zalman 9700?

neiroatopelcc

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2006
Hello. Been reading articles on here for god knows how long, and somehow I always end up reading a paragraph about the zalman 9700 being used in their bench testing because it's ohh so good. Why'd they say that? Sure it's better than the stock one, but in a closed case it's still rubbish. Any tower cooler would beat it I'm sure. I've only tried the ninja and the tr 120 extreme myself, but I'd think even a cheaper tower cooler might be better than the zalman. My best friend's been using one of those oh so good zalmans for 10 months or so on his e6400, but recently replaced it with a tr 120 and a arctic fan 12. Now he's running ~3,45ghz stable, whereas he was struggling to keep it stable at 3,2 with the zalman. A cooler that just tosses heat around in his tj07 really didn't remove enough heat, it merely spread it out until the case was heated up. And anyone knowing the tejmin 07 knows that they're rather well ventilated. So I'm kinda surprised to see how popular the cooler is with thg professionals. What are they doing different from us 'normal people' ? If it were so good, it surely wouldn't be a tuniq everyone would recommend, but a zalman ....

imo the zalman looks great, but only performs average, and certainly it isn't effective enough when the price is considered! It costs as much as the most expensive of air coolers around these parts, and it just isn't on par with those.

u2vini

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2007
I think tower coolers miss where Zalman doesn't.... appearance! :)

Zalman looks nice and that for some people works more than performance! (please note the 'some')