Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Hisoxqihotur.exe trying to make changes to my computer?

Tags:
  • Security
  • Computers
  • Apps
Last response: in Antivirus / Security / Privacy
August 11, 2012 2:45:50 AM

So I have this program that I don't remember downloading ever called "hisoxqihotur.exe" it's located in my secure user folder, and when I googled it I got no returns, which made me get worried. It's program description in task manager is "Smaller Chill".... I don't download stupid stuff, I don't get click happy while browsing, and I generally go to the same sites all the time, although I have been going to a lot of tech sites for product reviews recently.

More about : hisoxqihotur exe make computer

a b 8 Security
August 11, 2012 9:39:51 AM

Do you use an sony software?
Score
August 11, 2012 1:44:21 PM

Nope.... It wouldn't let me delete it last night because it said something else was currently using it, so I restarted the computer and deleted it before it was opened up... but now windows security essentials wont run. It says "The specified program does not exist as an installed service"
Score
Related resources
August 11, 2012 5:32:40 PM

Wow, well that was a fun morning... Restarted and repaired the computer about 15 times...

I uninstalled microsoft security essentials, reinstalled. Ever time I ran a scan it would auto restart my computer with a warning after 5-30 seconds of the scan. Did eventually remove like 8 trojans and repair a virus. Reverted to a restore point a week ago and everything seems fine, running a full scan just to be sure.
Score
August 11, 2012 5:39:56 PM

oh they were all sirefef. trojans/virus
Score

Best solution

a b 8 Security
August 11, 2012 7:15:23 PM
August 11, 2012 7:26:18 PM

Thanks, I ran that and everything is good. Full MSE scan was normal, I think I got it all.
Score
August 11, 2012 8:29:08 PM

Best answer selected by Capsandogs.
Score
a b 8 Security
August 11, 2012 11:54:59 PM

This topic has been closed by Area51reopened
Score
!