reboots when playing gmaes

leexgx

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2006
i made an pc use an asus P5k SE mobo (wish i had use nvidia one not intel) under norm use the pc works fine
but at any randome time the when playing games the pc Hard Powers down and waits 3 secs the powers back up (now it norm does that when you first plug the power in or an Bios setting change) but its randome no way to trigger it unless playing games, it does it about 1-3 times a day (when in game)

the PSU is an 650W toughpower PSU, e6750, 8800gts, XP, 2gb ram, asus P5k SE

i had this problem with cheap askrock boards in the past and thay would refuse to power up untill i chaged the power pack

is there any way of stopping the pc from powering down that does not involve me haveing to trek all the way down there to replace the PSU with an dif brand

mad-dog

Distinguished
Oct 18, 2006
Got device manager and look for any hardware conflicts...
device drivers....etc
I'm thinking the problem is related to video settings.
Do you have Speedfan or CPU-Z...?
What are the temps doing during gameplay..

leexgx

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2006
none when i made it from him at my house none of them problems are there
i fix and make computers all the time but i do not do alot of Intel systems i had this problem crop up on an number of cheaper intel motherbards (Not nvidia) but only on power up

its an known problem i think more an intel chipset problem but some PSUs mite have somthing to do with this as well (just trying to avoid haveing to go down to his house that is far away to have to replace the PSU with an dif brand PSU)

just want to know is there an way to stop if from rebooting (software fix) an new BIOS has not been made yet

I acctually had the same problem. I am not too sure if it has been fixed yet or not but I think it has. Only difference is I have a P5K-E Deluxe WiFi-AP.

I just recently updated the BIOS to the newest one available and last time I played HL2:E1, the game crashed but the PC didn't restart.

I am also running a Q6600 G0 stepping. I did read that these mobos wouldn't fully support the G0 stepping without a BIOS update so that might be the key since the E6750 or any of the new ones are based on the same stepping.

I'm still testing it but I tried the WIC demo and it didn't restart and am going to try Bioshock to see what happens there.

I thought it might just be Windows Vista but I guess not since you are running XP and it does it too. And with your setup I can cancel out everything except the mobo since I am using a HD2900Pro. What speed memory are you running? I am using pc8500(1066) and that might cause it since according to the manual it states it migh cause instability at higher frequencies.

Latest posts