Sign in with
Your question

New OS and old monitor not recognized

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
October 21, 2007 12:52:25 AM

Just installed XP and now my OS doesn't recognize my Monitor. I've Tried using the CD that came with monitor and nothing. I've tried to change the monitor so it will try to look for drivers and it has that option locked out or something, because it has monitor set as default and I can't click on Properties to change settings. Any suggestions?

~Tomy~

More about : monitor recognized

October 21, 2007 1:38:45 AM

tomym617 said:
Just installed XP and now my OS doesn't recognize my Monitor. I've Tried using the CD that came with monitor and nothing. I've tried to change the monitor so it will try to look for drivers and it has that option locked out or something, because it has monitor set as default and I can't click on Properties to change settings. Any suggestions?

~Tomy~

what you mean doesnt recognize?
October 21, 2007 3:38:38 AM

ditto above, typically the OS doesn't HAVE to "recognize" the monitor... just put it on a resolution and color depth and have at it. monitors really dont have "drivers" per-see

do you mean it doesn't recognize your video card?

Related resources
October 28, 2007 9:08:53 PM

Monitor works but recognized as generic. Built in video card not recognized either, and speakers built into monitor aren't recognized.

Items with Question marks are as follows,

PCI simple communications controller
Video controller (vga comp)
PCI Device
SM bus controller
unknown

From these items my sound doesn't work, my graphics don't work properly (games that did work don't anymore), and who knows what else.
October 28, 2007 9:11:51 PM

Oh by the way previous OS was XP Media Center 2005 and current is Xp home. Stupid restore drive was corrupt and only had XP Home. F*** you Microsoft! :fou:  :non:  Can't you Make something that works as it should?
October 28, 2007 10:04:51 PM

well, I'm guessing its not MS fault but if you go to your mobo manufacturer's website you could probably find the mobo driver set that would solve your problems. Or, if say it was a store bought, go to the manufactures' website and look for the same
November 5, 2007 6:14:54 AM

tomym617 said:
Monitor works but recognized as generic. Built in video card not recognized either, and speakers built into monitor aren't recognized.

Items with Question marks are as follows,

PCI simple communications controller
Video controller (vga comp)
PCI Device
SM bus controller
unknown

From these items my sound doesn't work, my graphics don't work properly (games that did work don't anymore), and who knows what else.

Thats typical with all systems when you do a reinstall, you need to install drivers.
!