Sign in with
Your question

Audigy 2 on AsRock 775Dual-VSTA

Last response: in Components
October 9, 2007 11:21:05 AM

Hi, I am trying to install my Sound Blaster Audigy 2 on an AsRock 775Dual-VSTA motherboard, and the computer crashes seconds after booting into Windows when the driver (most current one, dated March 2007) is installed. The absence of the driver fixes the problem, but creates a new one - silence. If anyone has this combination working, could you please let me know how you managed it (I know for a fact I'm not the only one having this issue).
October 10, 2007 2:51:48 AM

Thanks, I'm downloading it now.
Related resources
October 11, 2007 5:41:40 PM

Ok, that didn't help. Seems that the Audigy just will not play nice with the AsRock motherboard under Vista. I had to switch to the 32-bit version of Vista to get the kX drivers to work, however they caused the same problem as the Creative drivers.
I have now reverted to XP, as the sound card seems ok on this motherboard under XP. This card DOES work under Vista on my 2 other motherboards.
If anyone has got this combination to work under Vista, please let me know how you did it. I have tried all the PCI-slots.
October 11, 2007 8:31:17 PM

For the record.
Using the driver from creative's website I got my Audigy 2 ZS running fine on the Asrock 4CoreDual-VSTA in 32 bit VISTA. I never experienced any problems. Pretty much the same mobo - I did however update BIOS to latest version as soon as I received the mobo, maybe that has something to do with it..

Sh**, I dunno. Just letting you know..
October 11, 2007 10:48:24 PM

From what ive heard Creative drivers and VISTA are EXTREMELY DODGEY at the moment, they only just got decent X-fi drivers out, i cant see them bringing decent ones for the audigy2 any time soon
October 12, 2007 12:22:55 AM

I read that to chookman, but to my surprise there where only one small glitch - The vista startup/shutdown sound cracks up a bit, but thats all, and since I disable all windows sounds it really don't matter to me. Everything else plays just fine. Winamp, media player, VLC, live streams, video, mp3, games like bioshock, counter strike source and so on... all works perfectly fine.
Funny how there can be such a difference from one rig to another using the same audio card and driver, not to mention in this case nearly the same mobo. (I didn't try the digital out though as my speakers only work with analog).

Anyway, hope you figure it out Ararat.
June 30, 2008 2:38:20 PM

have you made sure that the onboard audio is disabled...? probably not the answer, but maybe worth a try...
June 30, 2008 2:47:27 PM

Well thank you all for your feedback, didn't realise this thread was still getting posts. Unfortunately, it never did work out, and I gave up a while back and moved the Audigy to another system. Since then, that system has been moved on, and the Audigy is kinda dead (was having SCP issues with it in all systems, so it may have just been a matter of my sound card being stuffed from the start, who knows).

Doesn't matter anymore anyway, as I was using it to capture the audio from my cable box, and my new cable box has S/PDIF output, which I am capturing using onboard.

Thanks all for your suggestions.
!