Intel Pushpin help

bicem

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2008
I accidentally broke one of the pushpins on my new heatsink. Is there a way to take one off my old heatsink (that I'm forced to reuse now)? Where can I get replacement pushpins or bolt kit? Is there an easier way to install the heatsink?

The best option you have is to buy some bolts, washers, and nuts to replace the pin. Bolting it down will allow you to tighten the heatsink tighter than the pin will. However, you shouldn't overtighten it, otherwise it could bend the brace on the heatsink or cause damage to your motherboard.

If the pin from your older heatsink is the same size and dimensions as your new pin, then yes you can use the old pin. However, if they are not the same dimensions, you can possibly use both/all the pins from your old heatsink to replace both/all the pins from your new one, as long as they are roughly the same length.

If neither of those works, then you might want to send an email to the manufacturer of the new heatsink, requesting a new replacement pin.

TheBigDog

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2002

I did the same thing last night....after googling...here is the answer...

http://www.directron.com/intelpushpins.html

Hope they have them in stock. Good luck.

yeakyau

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2008
We got selling Intel Pushpin for LGA775, if who are looking for please contact me , we are from malaysia. 1pcs of pushpin cost USD1.00 contact: mycs88@live.com
Thanks