lookingtoOC

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2007
ooookk... right, here goes, (confidence is high, beggining now!)
basically, My question is, what is the best program for OCing a 2900 pro on vista, since Rivatuner seems to be for Nvidia cards, and atitool wouldn't let me turn up the clocks at all, and said it didn't know what version of catalyst im using (7.10 btw) and also i didn't find either of them saying they actually supported vista (32 bit, btw again)

Hatman

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2004
No, not really. Does ATI too.

just wait for a new version of ATITool to come out, im sure it wont be long since the 7.10 drivers rocked.

You could always try a BIOS flash if you wanted but thats kinda risky.

Cant wait to give it a go though :D

lookingtoOC

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2007
when is the new version of atitool coming out? if you don't know, do you know roughly? and how much did teh 7.10 drivers rock?
(enough questions? :lol:)

Hatman

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2004
Still waiting for real benche sbut if they rock as much as ATI claim they do, then they sure do rock a lot.

As for new release, I got no idea, I only tried it for the first time today :D

justinmcg67

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2007
This is one reason why I'm happy that i RMA'd my HD2900 Pro and got an 8800GTX OC instead. NO PROBLEMS!!

On a serious note, ATITool is the program to use. I do believe a BETA version is out that may help you. I also might add that without the 8-pin PCI-E connector, the Catalyst driver locks the card from being OCed. (Might be wrong though, but I did however read that somewhere.)

lookingtoOC

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2007
I tried the beta of atitool, it lets me control the fan, but the clocks? whenever I click "set clock" it just resets it straight back to the standard