amddiesel

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2006
Whats really been frustrating me as well as half of the gaming comminuty is the state of the "system requirements"
We all know that even a quad core 4 gigs of ram and a 8800gtx will get less than 20 fps at 16x12 and 4aa in the "beta version" in dx9. We do have to have some faith that this is still in beta and the code will be smoothed out. My question is what are the developers using to test this game with? Do they have some secret vid card that isnt available to the public? Are they running 25000 dollar systems or something? Lets are get real and understand that this game might take 1.5 years in video card updates to run it on ultra high with 3 cards in sli

Is this logical thinking that there will be nothing good enough to run this at 60-90 fps with all eye candy turned on

pjumpleby

Distinguished
May 17, 2007
if they are anything like 'BETA' programs, yes they may be tested on ultra powerful machines but also it could be extras that wont make it to the final version such as debugging info and performance monitors. all this information will be used to streamline code and performace bottle necks.

maverick7

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2006
Just remember Oblivion which only now runs perfectly with a 8800gtx.. except this game i know is more optimized/ coded better, so we should just barely be able to run max settings.. the hopefully soon to be released 9800gtx should in theory be able to max the game out on high resolutions

dragonsprayer

Splendid
Jan 3, 2007
card sellers will optimize the drivers, as usual, when the time comes - this is the pattern of the past and will be in the future

if you buy xyz game and buy a $700 video card and it does not play xyz game you are not going to buy that card again or recommened it.

as the other person said the drivers will get "smoothed out"

ben72227

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2006
I wouldnt fret over being able to play it or not. My system ran it fine and very playable, as I was worried too. It will be tweaked and newer drivers will be released just before the game comes out. Then the patches will come then more drivers. It will only take time to perfect what probably will never be perfected. All anyone can do is hope for the best with what they have. I think a GTX is overkill unless you have a 30 inch screen, but thats just me. My GTs 640 ran it just fine with a X2 6000+ at 3.2Ghz. It all boils down to your card number one, your Res number 2 and then the CPU.

http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i145/Soldier36/DSC02231ms.jpg

Yep - for example - an 8800GTX should be OVERKILL for a 19" screen.

I highly doubt that an 8800GTX won't be able to play this game at decent framerates (unless maybe you're using a 30" screen - then you might need 8800 Ultras in SLI....)

But - ESPECIALLY seeing as how involved Nvidia was with this project - Crytek is poised to have the FPS of the year - they aren't going to let hardware requirements ruin it for them. You can bet Nvidia (and probably ATI) will release driver upgrades specifically for Crysis too.

madmansingh

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2007
Just Curious as to what kind of performace would i get out of my system:
FX-57, 2 gig ram 2.5-3-3-6, 2x 7800GTX XXX edition SLi'd, 250gb HD and a VW192s 19" monitor (1440x900). I know that the game is still in beta but i saw somewhere on the net i think techreport.com or something and the specs were kinda steep, my system just meets the minimum spec i think.

randomizer

Champion
It all boils down to your card number one, your Res number 2 and then the CPU.
Then what the hell is wrong with my PC then? :??:

I can barely reach 30fps at 1024x768 on all low unless nobody is playing, then I can get like 80fps or more. As soon as an explosion goes off I'm down to 12fps or lower.

dobby

Distinguished
May 24, 2006
look, for the last 2 year, we been saying that hardware is much more powerful than it need to be lets be happy that we can push it further. the beta is a beta it isnt fully compiled. so error reports can be quickly returned.

then half lfe (1) first came out no could really run it @ 1024 * 764 can cant expect to play a new game at it highest res striaght away, see it as future proofing so the game doesnt become a relic but played for ages after its release, like FEAR