Solved

Explorer.EXE AND taskmgr.exe Appllication Error

Hello,

I've been trying for days to get into my laptop and for some reason I can't and I'm going crazy.

To explain, I use Windows XP with SP2 installed and when I turn on my laptop and it gets to the log in screen it doesn't show the regular long in for XP but the clasic one. Also when I get into my profile (or anyone else for that matter) it says the following

"Explorer.EXE - Application error. The Application failed to initialize properly (0xc000001d)." All the other sites I went to say to open up the task manenger but when I go to do that it says

"Taskmgr.exe - Application Error"

EDIT!

I have tried system Restore and that did nothing at all.

Along with the same thing it says for the Explorer error. I can't even open task manenger with the Command Promt when I go into safety mode. none of my icons or the start menu shows up, just my wall paper. I need help please!
21 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about explorer taskmgr appllication error
  1. :heink: i seem to be having this exact same issue... opening up a command prompt window and type "sfc /scannow" system said windows file protection could not initate a scan of protected system files. The specific error code is 0x000006ba. (The RPC server is unavailable). Now one of the first things i did was unplug the internet. remote procedure anything is cause for concern, i will be back to update whats gonna work for this so far unknown issue.
  2. I tried that and I got the same thing. Is there anyway around that?
  3. Try to access safe mode. Does that work any better?
  4. i tried that and all I have is a black screen
  5. Try doing a windows repair using this guide.
    http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/244555-45-winxp
  6. can't d that. I got this laptop as a prize for an essay contest. They gave me no disc for it at all.
  7. Do you have a recovery partition?
  8. I wouldnt know if I do
  9. When you start up, repeatedly tap F11, and see if you get into a recovery partition. If that doesn't work, restart and try F2.
  10. That did nothing as well. I forgot to say also thank you for trying to help me.
  11. What kind/model laptop is this?

You're welcome :)
  12. It's a Dell C610
  13. I don't think that work either
  14. Best answer
    Then you may not have a recovery partition. You may need to contact Dell, and get the recovery discs, or get a copy of windows.
  15. Alright I will try that. Thank you for help
  16. You're welcome,
    Good luck.
  17. free !!! dell recover disk send a self address stamped ill give it to you .xp sp2 if u want i have no need for it any longer
  18. Best answer selected by akumasaint.
  19. akumasaint said:
    Hello,

I've been trying for days to get into my laptop and for some reason I can't and I'm going crazy.

To explain, I use Windows XP with SP2 installed and when I turn on my laptop and it gets to the log in screen it doesn't show the regular long in for XP but the clasic one. Also when I get into my profile (or anyone else for that matter) it says the following

"Explorer.EXE - Application error. The Application failed to initialize properly (0xc000001d)." All the other sites I went to say to open up the task manenger but when I go to do that it says

"Taskmgr.exe - Application Error"

EDIT!

I have tried system Restore and that did nothing at all.

Along with the same thing it says for the Explorer error. I can't even open task manenger with the Command Promt when I go into safety mode. none of my icons or the start menu shows up, just my wall paper. I need help please!

Start in safe mode with command prompt, In command prompt type sfc /scannow

After it is done reboot even if you get any errors in command prompt
  20. This is what happens when you don't let updates finish installing and why it says not to unplug the conputer before its done. What you have to do, if youre on windows 7, is hit ctrl alt del and on the bottom right of the screen click the red icon and select install updates and shut down. Its that simple
Ask a new question

Read More

Laptops Explorer Windows XP