intel e6600 or amd X2 6000

between both these cpus wats the top of the line for gaming, performance and very fast without over clocking can any 1 help me on this =]
6 answers Last reply
More about intel e6600 6000
  1. Both are fine for gaming.
    I believe the GPU has more affect than the CPU in gaming.

Look at the CPU charts for gaming benchmarks -
    CPU Charts
  2. Get an E6750. The E6600 is overpriced, and the AMD runs hotter. Additionally, the E6750 beats them both.

Don't act on just my advice, though.
  3. The E6600 is definitely faster than the X2 6000+.

The newer E6750 is cheaper and faster than the E6600.

The Intel CPUs are also more easy to overclock. The X2 6000+ is basically pushing an older design architecture and will not overclock as well as the Core 2 Duos.
  4. salobon said:
    between both these cpus wats the top of the line for gaming, performance and very fast without over clocking can any 1 help me on this =]

People always overlook this statement. Being that you don't want to overclock I would suggest that you pick any of these that fit your budget the best. If you don't have a budget constraint then go Intel, you can get more for more money.

AMD is a great option for budget minded gamers that don't care to overclock.

I really don't think you will be disappointed either way...

Also, my AMD X26000+ chip runs <100*F with the Zalmann 9700 cooler. Heat is not an issue unless you "OVERCLOCK", lol.
  5. q6600 is the only choice - if not buy a $90 amd chip or e6420
  6. dragonsprayer said:
    q6600 is the only choice - if not buy a $90 amd chip or e6420

Yeah but he ain't gonna overclock :/

Stick with the 6000+. The e6600 will beat the 6000+ in nearly every application, uses less power, and produces less heat, however the 6000+ is cheaper by like $40. Imo, if you can get a e6750 instead, you can't go wrong.
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Performance AMD Gaming Intel