Sign in with
Your question

Registry

Last response: in Windows XP
March 15, 2010 7:09:49 AM

Hi, I have these 3 registry troubles, any helps are welcome:

1. could this have anything to do with updating windows or IE? I use XP, not NT. Why are there all sorts of NY entries on my pc? autorundisable registry - what does this mean? [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\IniFileMapping\Autorun.inf]@="@SYS:D oesNotExist"

2. IObit found these entries. the first one won't delete:

Unused File Extension {80b8c23c-16e0-4cd8-bbc3-cecec9a78b79} HKCR\{80b8c23c-16e0-4cd8-bbc3-cecec9a78b79}

ActiveX/COM Issue InProcServer32\C:\Program Files\IObit\IObit Security 360\IS360Ext.dll HKCR\CLSID\{364BB365-5DF0-45D4-92C5-B0A4F0962C9D}

3. there is a key with the same name as main off the main key like this
HKEY_CURRENT_USER > then a bunch of eys under this main one, then an entry off that one is
HKEY_CURRENT_USER >SOFTWARE > Microsoft > Windows > Current Version > RunOnce
I backed up and saved copy then deleted it. was that ok? that was a week ago and all is well. was that a spy? how can i know if someone has remote access to my system? there was a entry for another user in registry 6 months ago and i deleted it.

More about : registry

March 15, 2010 7:50:28 AM

go to run prompt "services.msc"

then find a service named "remote registry " go to its property & set its startup type as manual & stop the service..

this will disable access to registry from remote,
or get Regrun & scan you PC...
http://www.greatis.com/security/

March 17, 2010 10:03:41 AM

When I checked in services.msc I have no entry for remote registry. Is this something that may indicate it has been hijacked because it is not visible? I have only these entries in that alphabetical area of the list:

remote access auto connection ...manual
remote access connection manager ....started manual < tried to stop this, it wont
remote desktop help session manager ...disabled
remote procedure call started automatic
remaovable storage .. manual
routine and remote access manual
secondary logon manual

i couldnt stop the remote access connection manager error 1053: the service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion.

since when operating system into fashion, oh well.
hey issecondary logon a hackers trick? or do i need that to swicth users on my system? or can i stop the secondary logon?
Related resources
March 17, 2010 10:11:41 AM

that upto you, if you are the only person using the pc, then turn it off..
for your safety get firewall along with you antivirus.. it's ok for home users..
March 27, 2010 7:54:47 PM

I meant to type NT, that I get alot of NT entries even though I am not part of a network but am just a single home user and I don't want anyone remotely getting into my PC.

I still the the troubles.
I get alot of connections for just one webpage, what can this be? I suspect remote controller. And I suspect the 60 or hundreds of connections are to send packets each under 66 size so as if I wouldn't notice.

Yes, I have firewall and anti virus.
!