mobo advice for e6750 + 8800GT

d3f1

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2007
So i was going to buy everything yesterday just as the 8800gt came out. then i couldnt decide on a case or mobo and then had a pile of work dumped o me :(.

So now that i have to wait id like to pick your brains on a good mobo for the e6750 and 8800GT.

I was initially going to go for the MSI p6n Platinum [ur]http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813130081[/url]

but after going through the forums here im not so sure. I initially went for that as THG used it in their mid system build and recommended it and also newegg seemed to like it but after reading posts on here it seems like there are a few boards out there that offer a little bit more.

any advice is appreciated :)

d3f1

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2007
ok so after some more digging i found the p35 ddr2 face off that THG did. After reading the forum posts related to it, the gigabyte p35 boards seem to be popular. Ill be taking a look into those in a bit bu if any1 else has any other recommendations they are very much appreciated :)

d3f1

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2007
im looking at:

GIGABYTE P35 DS3R
OR
GIGABYTE P35 DS4(rev 2.0)

They seem to be almost identical in what they off except the DS4 has massive heatsinks for the north and south bridges and also does away with the parallel and com ports.
Shoul i be wary that its listed as rev 2.0 ? does this mean the board has issues and is still being revised? or is it a safe board to get? I like it atm for the xtra usb slots and no com or parallel ports but the ds3r makes more sense money wise :eek: