How can i remove icons?

mirwais

Distinguished
Mar 14, 2010
how can i remove icons from past items in taskbar and start menu properties under customize tab?

thank u very much

lotri

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2010
If you're talking about the list that appears when you open the start menu, you can right-click on your task bar (the bar at the bottom, somewhere between the start button and the clock).

Then go to the "START MENU" tab, and click "CUSTOMIZE". Under "GENERAL", click "CLEAR LIST."

At least, that's what I think you mean by "icons from past items". If this didn't answer your question, could you take a screenshot of your desktop and circle what you want to be removed? Then upload it to an image hosting site like photobucket, imageshack, or tinypic?

mirwais

Distinguished
Mar 14, 2010

thank you my brother, if you right click on on your task bar than click on properties, than on customize tub under taskbar, than you can see the past items listed in customiz notifications table, so how i can remove these items?
thank you in advance

lotri

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2010
Oh... I see what you mean now. You want to clear your "hide inactive icons" icon list.

Go to LINK and search for "remove past icons". I haven't tried it, so you might want to back up your registry first, but that looks like it would work.