Q6600 Temps Nomal?? Input needed

killz86

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2005
Hello, All i have had my computer for a week and i am wondering on my nomal temps if these are nomal or what not.

I dont know if this is below nomal or it is nomal.

My spec's

Case:Thermaltake Armor Series VA8003BWS 120mm front 120mm back 250mm side 80mm top and 80mm top back
PSU: Thermaltake Toughpower 700 Watt also has 140mm fan on the side.
Cooler Zalman 9500
CPU: Q6600 Stock
Vid:1950Pro

idel 23c to 24c sometimes 25c and this is at stock and it loads at 40c with all cores at %100 now is are these temps good. it doesn to go over 35c when playing games. but when i ran prime95 it was 40c with four cores %100.

my mobo temps never go over 30c

i am just asking. because that seems way to cold lol. for being on air unless i have good air flow throw out my case

Thanks for your input Brian

bobjmoran

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2007
That seems a little cool for me on air, but then my room temperature is
27ºC. Try down loading and using CoreTemp and see what that reads.

http://www.thecoolest.zerobrains.com/CoreTemp/

Also, how cold is it in your room?

G

Those temps are too low. I think you are using Speed Fan to measure them and not adding 15C for using a Q6600. Adding 15C gives you more realistic temps that are fine as well.

killz86

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2005
i forgot to add i have G0 Steeping. plus its in my finished basement. and my basement is cool. also i ran pc wizzard 2008 and it shows the temps as the same also

because the cpu and box says SLACR and i know that is the G0 steeping

also i have my zalman 9500 at %100 of fan speed

cpu temp 23c idel

cpu core #1 32c
cpu core #2 30c
cpu core #3 25c
cpu core #4 25c

mobo temp 28c

power/aux 121.5c

CompuTronix

Intel Master
killz86, if your ambient (room) temp is ~22c or slightly less, then your temperatures are normal, accurate and correct. Since the Delta for CPU (23c) to hottest Core (32c) is typically 7c to 10c at Idle with stock clock and Vcore, so with a Delta of 9c, your temps conform pefectly.

Enjoy your new rig,

Comp :sol:

G

I'm with deuce271 on this one. (Been there and got the error.)

How are you measuring your temps?

mrmez

Splendid
What are u using to measure temps?
SpeedFan 4.3.2: U will need to add 15c to each core
4.3.3: Gave me all fubar temps :/
4.3.4 (beta): Gives accurate, no need to offset anything.
CoreTemp: Accurate too.

Im using water @ 2.7Ghz @ 1.15v and it idles ~ 40c (B3 rev)

G

I'm sorry but I didn't see anywhere in that article where it said that Killz86 temps are correct.

G

What I meant is that you are in no position to say if his temps are correct or not. Had you said they "may" be correct then it would be different, or if you had said that they are normal.

It's not your knowledge related to cpu temps that I'm questioning. It's how can you say that they "are" correct? Did you measure them yourself?

CompuTronix

Intel Master
On the contrary, I am in a uniquely qualified position to recognize correct and / or incorrect temperatures, but if you require a more defined statement, then I am 100% certain that killz86 temps are correct. Respectfully, this is based upon hundreds of hours of research, correlation of vast amounts of empirical data and very extensive experience.

Comp :sol:

killz86

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2005
then i wonder how far i could o/c this little chip lol. just to see. i mean stock's good but what do you get on air. with the q6600 G0 stepping