Sign in with
Your question

ATI Radeon HD2400 PRO Need help

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
October 23, 2007 11:24:16 AM

Hello,
Well i saw that ASUS EAH2400PRO/HTP/256Mb - ATI Radeon HD2400 PRO 256 Mb HDTV / DVI PCI Express is Very cheap card, and from the site i checked it says that its a good card for gaming, but its looks to cheap to me, so it a bit hard for me to belive that its good for gaming. Can any1 tell me if its true that its good for gaming ? or tell me generally about this card ?
Also a bit stupid q, but i'm new n that , does it feet on a normal PC case ?

Thnx.

Stats :
ATI Radeon HD2400 PRO
Prossesor : 525 MHz
64-bit
256 Mo DDR2
Bus : PCI Express x16
Memory :
800 MHz
DirectX 3D Hardware DirectX 10
OpenGL OpenGL 2.0
Output:
DVI
HDTV
VGA
Configuration PCI Express

More about : ati radeon hd2400 pro

October 23, 2007 12:25:08 PM

LOL... Good for gaming = BS Advertising.

When looking at graphic cards, you need to look at the model number and understand what it means. The first digit (in the case of NVidia cards) is the generation of the card (currently 8). In the case of AMD/ATI cards, it's the first few characters (currently HD2). The remaining digits represent the class of the card.

There are four basic classes of graphics solutions:

1) Integrated - These are generally numbered 050 - 200. These are on-board chipsets and meant for purely basic functionality.
2) Budget - These are generally numbered 200 - 450. These are dedicated or discreet graphic cards. They have slightly more functionality than integrated chipsets. They have thier own memory but often borrow system memory (Hypermemory/Turbocache) to boost it's own. Despite what the advertising says, they are NOT intended for intense graphical gaming.
3) Mainstream - These are generally numbered 550 - 700. This is pretty much the minimum standard for playing today's graphically intensive games. They have their own dedicated memory.
4) Enthusiast - These are generally numbered 700 - 950. These cards are the elite in graphic cards. They provide the best hardware for gaming. These cards can usually play most games at high settings with little difficulty. Of course, these cards come at a premium cost.

The characters following the model number (Pro, XT, GT, etc...) are sub-classes to a specific card class. These variations provide tweaks (faster/slower clocks, etc...) to their class of card.

So let's take a look at the ATI HD2400 Pro. The "HD2" shows that it's a current generation card. The "400" shows that it's a budget class card and thus not really intended for graphically intensive games.

Hope this helps out some.

-Wolf sends
October 23, 2007 1:15:13 PM

Wow , thanks a lot, thats was really helpful :) 
Related resources
October 23, 2007 2:13:54 PM

That card has a 64 bit memory bus... although a fast bus isn't all that makes a great gaming card, you can bet your ass that no current card capable of serious gaming has a 64 bit memory bus.

The 2400 the OP mentioned is a step up from integrated graphics like the GMA 950, but it should not be considered a gaming card (unless by gaming you mean games from 2004)
April 19, 2009 9:30:00 PM

I played Lost planet on high settings at 1024x768 with the HD2400 Pro. 512 Megs of DDR2 at 60fps consistently. Im having a blast with the card. Oh yeah, plus the Blue Ray GPU acceleration. AWESOME, I've been downloading HD videos and playing them on Media Player Classic Home Cinema. The videos play smoothly at 1080p and 720p. I love this card. I did overclock it though. :) 
Anonymous
December 14, 2009 4:42:40 PM

I GOT ONE AND IT IS ONE GOOD CARD FOR GAMING I GIVE IT A 8.0 WISH I HAD THE 512MB CARD BE EVEN BETTER
April 14, 2011 1:48:39 PM

few days before my 9400gt card is did not working so i bought a used card Ati radeon hd 2400 pro which is 128 bit .....i am playing with this card crysis 2 without any crash during the game play .... when i click first time crysis 2 icon system said this card is unsupported i think system was true but card is also is good.... i know i am posting this in 2011 it's too late for this card but my xperience this card is great one....
!