Sign in with
Your question

Funny post

Last response: in CPUs
October 12, 2007 1:32:00 AM

funny post about a guy tat blew $300 on an X38 MB then buying an AM2 socket cpu

http://forum.ncix.com/forums/index.php?mode=showthread&...

More about : funny post

October 12, 2007 2:24:14 AM

Too funny!!

I was totally expecting a thrashing of the poor chap...they were very easy on him.

Oh my god I just saw this:

"I have not ever seen one thing about those compaines (AMD vs Intel) fueding."

:pt1cable:  :hello: 
Related resources
October 12, 2007 2:28:14 AM

That's it, I'm moving to Canada.
October 12, 2007 2:29:31 AM

WTF. How could anybody be soooooo stupid. JMofG when he read the first site on how to build a computer the chapter on how to select components must have been completely overlooked.

I don't think the guy should be allowed to hold a wallet with a credit card or cash in the little slots.
October 12, 2007 2:31:31 AM

StevieD said:
I don't think the guy should be allowed to hold a wallet with a credit card or cash in the little slots.

What if he has a drivers' license or a female willing to have unprotected sex with him! We're all doomed!
a b à CPUs
October 12, 2007 2:37:33 AM

Thanks, alex, that made my day. I guess the guy didn't see that AMD wasn't mentioned AT ALL in the mobo's specs, yet Intel is mentioned 10 times in bold. This is why companies such as Alienware exist.
October 12, 2007 3:26:00 AM

TechnologyCoordinator said:
What if he has a drivers' license or a female willing to have unprotected sex with him! We're all doomed!

The sex part? Nah. First of all, anybody THAT stupid would not be able to attract any female person. Secondly, I bet anybody THAT stupid could not find the..... you know...... and therefore unprotected sex would never happen.

Yea, driving a car might be dangerous. Doesn't take a license, just an unprotected car with a the key in the ignition.

October 12, 2007 3:27:08 AM

ROFLMAO!
Ive done some idiot things re computers, but DAYAM i feels smarts now
:D  :D 
October 12, 2007 3:57:30 AM

I dont know if you guys read it all but thats funny sh it. I did notice this though

adam_f
"They make it so easy to buy the right thing. "

Yet he still got it wrong? LOL
October 12, 2007 4:24:03 AM

Now that is funny. First he must be blind. Second the world is at fault not him. Third if did manage to find a car with a key in it he would wreck it by driving the wrong way on a one way street causing chaos and then after all that blame the builders/government for make the street with the wrong polarity. god help us
October 12, 2007 4:27:20 AM

my pleasure, ladies (if any) and gentlemen, if u look starting pg 4 i single handidly changed the direction of the post! feel so proud
October 12, 2007 5:50:50 AM

Oh god.... That's priceless... And all of my hopes for the human race have been trashed.... :-)
October 12, 2007 6:55:40 AM

Oops. :pt1cable:  I had to stop reading it hurt too much. :ouch: 
October 12, 2007 7:53:33 AM

And what has this guy been doing all this time, growing mushrooms in a cave? He either needs to change his type of spores or his brand of bovine excrement. I wonder what problems he runs into replacing the tires on his automobile. Funniest stuff that I have read in a while.

:) 
a b à CPUs
October 12, 2007 12:43:23 PM

alex_ng, I love you!

I don't think my boss does though, I really ought to be getting that batch file sorted!

Hilarious!

and the perfect close:

"OK - nothing good will come from this thread at this point. If you want to continue bickering, start another thread... this one's locked!"

I wish my face didn't hurt so much.
And the kids are looking at me funny...
October 12, 2007 12:59:41 PM

Just when I thought mankind was reaching a point... Its so easy a caveman can do it. Way to funny. :lol:  :heink: 
October 12, 2007 1:55:56 PM

systemlord said:
Just when I thought mankind was reaching a point... Its so easy a caveman can do it. Way to funny. :lol:  :heink: 

I think this is when Rodney comes in and says not to make it personal.
October 12, 2007 2:09:06 PM

Whelp... someone needs to top that off.

Can someone please buy an AMD MB for Phenom, but buy the Q6600 for it?

:oops: 
October 12, 2007 2:13:06 PM

My only question is.... a guy like that, now where did he get the money?
a c 99 à CPUs
October 12, 2007 2:32:58 PM

OMG.

I can't believe how calmly they responded to him. Imagine if he posted that here!

LOL

Thanks for posting this.

I'm betting most of the people that were nice to the guy were because they are probably employees of NCIX. It's not considered good business practices to berate your customers for being stupid- you have to tell them that nicely. Ripping at the guy obviously hindered getting the issue resolved and that's why somebody that acts in a professional manner wouldn't do that. Yeah, it's very hard to avoid telling somebody off for being an idiot, especially if they are a bit belligerent, but at the end of the day it's better to educate the person rather than insulting them.

I'd bet he would have had a roughly similar experience here. Some would have been nice and told him what he did wrong and how to fix it like the NCIX guys did and some would have said "f*ck off you dumb n00b." The thread probably would have been locked eventually or at least heavily moderated by Turpit after the OP got worked up by the "f*ck off n00b" guys.
October 12, 2007 2:42:55 PM

What a Mantard! thanks for the laughs.
October 12, 2007 3:53:48 PM

Damn, this is funny. I only got through the first 2 pages and what is even worse than his not researching before buying is his utter denial that he did anything wrong. He sends lenghty posts of why it's the website, or manufacturers fault.

What a smuck!

His blind devotion to ego self preservation in the face of overwhelming evidence which points to the fact that he is a tard reminds me of someone else on this forum. :) 
October 12, 2007 6:22:03 PM

Hilarious. I actually read through that whole torrent of retardedness. If I ever meet this guy in RL, I'll do us all a favor and punch him in the throat.
October 12, 2007 7:10:34 PM

I read the entire post and have come to a conclusion................that guy is a total idiot. At first I felt sorry for him but when he started making excuses and saying it was not his fault..........come on now.......................
October 12, 2007 7:14:51 PM

thanks Alex_ng.
October 12, 2007 7:36:02 PM

what a freaking tard, the worse thing is not that he made the mistake ... we all make mistakes although I would have done a lot more research if I was going to spend that much money. But he continues to insist it is not his fault. Forget punching him in the throat, kick him in the sack so he can't reproduce.
October 13, 2007 4:23:20 AM

onestar said:
My only question is.... a guy like that, now where did he get the money?

I can only imagine somebody like my manager at work who makes at least $90+ k US a year and wouldn't have a clue about buying computer stuff. These people do exist.
October 13, 2007 11:52:31 AM

who the hell would go out and buy parts without doing any research first :lol:  I understand that not everybody is up on computers, but this person has zero common-sense.

Edit: Reading the rest of the thread on that forum it would seem the poster is just a typical Troll.
October 13, 2007 12:48:07 PM

How does this happen? I blame head trauma.

also those people on the forums seem awfully nice...
October 14, 2007 12:50:20 AM

ROFL! thats the funniest thing I've read today.. no doubt.

I quote "Also keep in mind last time I got a cpu and mobo it was in a package deal at a online store so I did not have a issue with this connector socket stuff." ROFLMAO!
October 14, 2007 2:25:27 PM

What a colossal retard.

If this dill is too stupid to understand the specifications of a motherboard or at the very least familiarize himself with PC processors, then he has no chance in hell of building a working system.
October 15, 2007 12:44:06 PM

Maybe he has a friend who can aid his understanding of the BIY principle.
October 15, 2007 7:02:55 PM

Isn't there some kind of an AM2 --> LGA775 converter?
October 15, 2007 9:20:32 PM

TC, now I HOPE that is a joke, if so, very funny. If not, I suggest you edit before anyone else sees that. Don't worry, I'll keep it a secret.
October 15, 2007 10:15:04 PM

KyleSTL said:
TC, now I HOPE that is a joke, if so, very funny. If not, I suggest you edit before anyone else sees that. Don't worry, I'll keep it a secret.

LOL
October 15, 2007 10:20:08 PM

Hahaha...wow...He should have done at least some homework before buying anything. How embarrassing.

But seriously, people these days...why can't they try to solve their problems (or prevent them) by using google? It's not hard at all. I learned all about pcs through the internet in the library. 4 hours a day, 5days a week for 2 months straight (summer time). I now know a lot about pcs :)  not too much though...

Oh and TC is joking lolol
October 15, 2007 11:43:06 PM

Haha, geeez..

That was a funny yet slightly depressing read... I remember my first computer, researched for months and months, reading threads on here but without a profile, and then soo much time on newegg, reading the reviews and all this other junk... But seriously, wow... and then he can't acknowledge his wrong-doing..

Some people's join dates are 1970... Whats up with that? I haven't been on in a long long while
October 15, 2007 11:44:05 PM

oh man this dude is really nuts HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA this dude is a noob omg i kept laughing my ass out a lot oh man...
October 15, 2007 11:56:37 PM

Isn't there some kind of an AM2 --> LGA775 converter?

lmao, ya its in the bios. look under "cpu gender"

i dont get it.....how can he know about cpu's, heatsinks, mobo installation and not know about 775 and am2.../me shakes head.
October 18, 2007 5:07:48 PM

TC...I thought I saw the adapter you speak of being reviewed by another enthusiasts site. They were having some difficulty getting the memory controller to work right. <smile>
October 18, 2007 8:11:16 PM

Because that board is operated by a retailer, they're much bigger on the polite than most places. Unless Canada is really that more polite than the US.

It wouldn't surprise me if this guy is posted on their bulletin board, or if his future orders are flagged, to help save him from himself in the future.

Seeing this makes me wonder.

1. I'd rather see noobs with "help me with my build" posts, than guys like this clogging up customer support and the secondary market. How much does stuff like this cost the industry?

2. Maybe we need a video, "Introduction to Hardware" Noobcore: Do not use the pins on your CPU to comb your cat...

3. Or maybe a video of a "dramatic reenactment" of the posts. Particularly of the part where says "I want everyone who made fun of me to apologize!"

4. If NCIX is dealing with this level of noobery, I can only imagine what a mass market place like Best buy or WalMart must face.

October 18, 2007 10:12:18 PM

Quote:
Do not use the pins on your CPU to comb your cat...

That's the funniest statement I've read all day! Can I use that?

Seriously, if that af guy is not a troll, then he's one of those societal parasites. You know, like the guy (or was it a woman?) who sued McDs for getting burned by hot coffee. Or sues Ford because his car doesn't work underwater, and it isn't documented in the user manual.
October 19, 2007 12:03:05 AM

Quote:
Unless Canada is really that more polite than the US.

yea canadians here r tat nice, well sort of!
!