Sign in with
Your question

Can anyone confirm q6600 stepping from-

Tags:
Last response: in CPUs
October 12, 2007 2:32:41 AM

Can anyone who has ordered recently from newegg confirm which stepping is being shipped? Newegg states that they have such large turnover, it should be latest, but can not verify G0 or B3. Thanks for replys. Getting closer to order.

More about : confirm q6600 stepping

October 12, 2007 4:57:08 AM

i orderd from new about week and half ago and i got q6600 G0 from Memphis, TN but i did spend like 2300 2400 on the system and botu hevery part from newegg so maybe the stock guy was nice and gave it to me sense i spent alot of money but i think newegg is still shipping both.
October 12, 2007 6:32:42 AM

slowman said:
Can anyone who has ordered recently from newegg confirm which stepping is being shipped? Newegg states that they have such large turnover, it should be latest, but can not verify G0 or B3. Thanks for replys. Getting closer to order.
Everyone should have the G0 by now, but I can't guaranty Newegg.
I can guaranty this ClubIT Product - Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 G0
Related resources
October 12, 2007 8:04:22 AM

Call Micro Center they will read you the last 5 on the product code for a GO it is SLACR I think there is no U or M or V in the last five leters. But that's how I got mine they will hold it for you. BA
a b à CPUs
October 12, 2007 1:16:50 PM

I got my G0 Q66 from Newegg.
October 12, 2007 1:49:07 PM

The problem is, unless they guarentee, there is no guarentee.

They could get a shipment of B3s tomorrow from a different supplier.
October 12, 2007 3:21:27 PM

Hey guys, the point is moot. I posted a link to a guaranteed Q6600 G0 from Clubit, and it's only $265.00. It's not like your going to get it much cheaper anywhere else.
October 13, 2007 1:51:01 AM

Thanks for the replys. Just had a great experience on first build in 03 and wanted to give as much support back as possible.
October 13, 2007 3:15:34 AM

The Q6600's we make at work have the SLACR spec number, which is the G0 stepping. We haven't made anything without it in over a month. As far as I can tell, since I personally handle thousands of these things on some days, is that they no longer will be shipping out anything but G0 stepping. Although unless retailers have some old revisions in stock and they want to sell them, but other than that, it's all G0.

Speaking of which, it's interesting to note the HSF that Intel uses. There's only three HSF they use, across the broad spectrum of products we offer. Just thought that would be interesting to share with you all. ;) 
October 13, 2007 11:35:20 PM

I ordered from newegg last week and recieved B3 stepping from them. I asked the same question before buying and most people agreed that I "should" get GO stepping from them. Order from ClubIT since the guarentee it. It's actually cheaper there too - no reason not to.
October 14, 2007 12:52:03 AM

newegg sells old stuff all the time i buy 10-20k sometimes a month from egg but buy q6600 from zip or someone else

you get old bios mobos all the time from newegg and their open box may be an open box or old stock from 6 months ago from xyz pc
October 15, 2007 1:20:21 AM

Thanks again to all replys. Guess I'll shop from more than one place. I did have a issue on first build in 03 and newegg made it a hassle free experience.
!