how to reair Horizontal/vertical lines on a AGP Adapter

king_solomon

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2006
i have a hugh pile of AGP cards (i work as a technician)giving colores or crappy text line on display. some ATI card shows half of their memeory. this is a know issue in industry. most of cards old 3 to 5 years. do not tell me to trow them away. becoz i hate e-wast. is their any way to repair them. and WHAT THE HELL CAUSING THIS PROBLE. sorry for the words, coz i got cards worth morethan $5000. what a wast. i know electronics little and good with micro size soldering. plz let me know what can i do to make them waork againg.

michiganteddybear

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2006
1st.. you need to have access to some of the parts (new parts, or known good pulls, I would use new myself).

2nd.. do you have surface mount rework equipment?? that will be needed to repair a lot of the cards.

3rd.. how good is your electronics knowledge (NOT computer knowledge, but good analog and digital electronics)

4th.. can you read schematics.. I mean the kind that would be for a video card (very complex).

5th.. can you get said schematics from the card maker (good luck here, you aint gonna get em in my opinion). I know how these manufacturers keep their IP (intellectual property) to themselves.

6th.. if 5 falls thru, can YOU reverse engineer the product, cause thats whats gonna need to be done.

A lot of the cards will probably have bad ram.. if you get a display, but it has lines, (1 or 2 pixels wide usually) then you likely have bad ram. *note* you will need to match the ram exactly, you cant mix and match it on video cards.

Also, what cards do you have that are worth more than 5k?? if they are that valuable, look into just having the original maker repair them for a cost..

honestjohn_

Distinguished
Jun 27, 2007

King_Solomon, please split the $5000 card down the middle and send me half! :D