Changing Ownership on Vista

jjjjco

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2011
How can I change pre-installed Microsoft Vista Dell D830 programs ownership after product was bought from Ebay.

jjjjco

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2011
I also a problem with a Google blank page pops up at start ups and I've also gone to the google sear to no avail.
After right clicking on the blank Google window properties, the properties windows open up with Protocol: unknown protocol, Type: File, Connection: Not Encrypted, Zone: my computer - Protected Mode: Off
Address: res://ieframe.dll/dnserrordiagoff_webOC.htm#file:///C:/DELL/E-Center/index.html
Size: 6766 bytes
Created: 4/18/2011
Modified: 4/18-2011
Cerfificates Tab: This type of document does not have a security certificate.

Did it come with a recovery disc or recovery partition on the HDD ?? -- If so best thing to do is reformat the HDD partition that the OS is on and reset it to the factory condition (that way you get rid of all the old owners misc files and programs and can start fresh.)

Less complicated as in you stare at it for a while and it changes? http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/quick-tip-change-the-registered-owner-in-windows/, with pictures.

Does the google page come up soon as you start up the PC? Or is it just the default start page for I.E.?

JDFan's suggestion to re-install the OS on that PC is a good one, who knows whats on that computer from the prior owners.