what is the difference between in the xfx edition???

zisman

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2007
hi i just purchase geforce 8800 gtx XFX Extreme Edition

what is the difference between the regular geforce 8800 to this edition?
i was digging al over the place and i have not found the diffrent
i just payed 25 dollar more for that edition

zisman

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2007
if someone know by the way which one from this 3 8800gtx is the best?:
EVGA Powered by NVIDIA
MSI NX8800GTX-T2D768E HD
XFX Extreme Edition Powered by NVIDIA

itotallybelieveyou

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2007
New to hardware? Different clock speeds and different brands. EVGA has a step up program. BFG has great customer support and RMA. MSI dont get it. XFX Extreme edition has a higher clock speed and gives higher performance. Personally it's easier to pay less and overclock

zisman

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2007
do u know where can i find some testing or comparison between them?
thanks
and by the way which one u have?

cpburns

Distinguished
Aug 28, 2006
XFX is just a company that makes video cards based on nVidia's graphics chips. XFX just uses nVidia's GPUs, solders them to a board designed and manufactured by themselves, and sells it. eVGA, MSI, BFG, these are all companies that make video cards. nVidia does not make any of their own cards for retail.

XFX often produces overclocked cards that run faster than stock variants and sells them for a price premium. If you only paid $25 extra, it's probably not a bad purchase. Just depends on how much it's overclocked versus how stable it is versus how much the stock version would cost.

zisman

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2007
i know that nvidia dont make the cards only the cpu of it
and i know that this only the compeny that use it
but still i am looking to find mybe on of them is batter than the other

liswara

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2006
Each brand doesn't has much difference between others since they produce the same card with the same chip. The only difference is the pre-overclock one compare to the standard clock one. But there is a price premium that you have to pay for the pre-overclock one.

IMO, when choosing over brands, you need to know which brand company provide the best customer services, RMA policy, longest warranty of product etc etc...

If you live in the US, EVGA is good since they have the step up program. XFX also nice since their products is lifetime warranty, Gigabyte has 3 years warranty etc etc...

Now it's time for you to decide dude...:)

AdamJ

Distinguished
Aug 21, 2004
XFX has the double lifetime thing which would come in handy if you plan on selling it at a later time(like on ebay or something). The warranty transfers over to that person. EVGA has a lifetime warranty and the stepup program. bgetter card comes out, all you do if pay the difference but it only lasts 90 days

XFX Extreme edition card is overclocked. XFX XXX version is also overclocked(if they arent the same thing)
EVGA has superclocked. thats overclocked for them. they also have a superclocked KO which is clocked even higher
BFG has OC and OC2 cards which are overclocked. BFG are very expensive though.

Go with EVGA IMO. Great service and great products

lakedude

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I've got had 2 XFX boards( a 7800gt and 8800gts) and both have been great. One of my friends went through several EVGA 7800s before he got a good one. This could all be luck of the draw but I'm sticking with XFX.

The cool thing about a factory over clocks is liability. If you over clock and burn something up it is on you. If they over clock and it burns up at their set speed it is on them.... So long as the factory OC is not much more money than the stock speed card I'd rather have the liability on them.

PS it might be a good time to wait a week or two. New cards are just about to come out. That 8800GT looks really cool...