Sign in with
Your question

vista command line

Last response: in Components
October 14, 2007 4:34:31 AM

Hello

I have vista ultimate and home premium. Yesterday, i installed kaspersky internet security 6 on all three of my computers. I did not know the problem until this morning when i try to find out ip address. I go to c:\ prompt and type ipconfig/all. To my surprise , it gives me error message saying it is an illegal command. i try to ping myself. i got the same message. So, i try on other machines. they give me the same message. I did not want to uninstall the internet security to see if it is a problem. can you guys try it ipconfig/all on your machine? or do you guys have vista with kaspersky internet security 6? If so, do you experience my problem. Please let me know.

Thanks.

More about : vista command line

October 14, 2007 5:20:14 AM

I don't use Kaspersky but I use NOD32 on Vista Ultimate 32, well everything works fine. Those commands you mentioned should work with normal cmd, some need elevated cmd.exe though (like vssadmin, slmgr, powercfg, etc). Guess someone with Kaspersky can give you more infos.
October 14, 2007 6:06:26 AM

htoonthura said:
Hello

I have vista ultimate and home premium. Yesterday, i installed kaspersky internet security 6 on all three of my computers. I did not know the problem until this morning when i try to find out ip address. I go to c:\ prompt and type ipconfig/all. To my surprise , it gives me error message saying it is an illegal command. i try to ping myself. i got the same message. So, i try on other machines. they give me the same message. I did not want to uninstall the internet security to see if it is a problem. can you guys try it ipconfig/all on your machine? or do you guys have vista with kaspersky internet security 6? If so, do you experience my problem. Please let me know.

Thanks.

Vista ultimate 32, kaspersky 6.0.2.614... ipconfig works as usual.
October 16, 2007 11:25:27 PM

well i think that you have configurated your kaspersky joint to block ALL incoming and outcoming packages
!