Wireless Connection Problems DLink DWL-G650

teajai67

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2009
I recently obtained a Gateway 200 ARC that I would like to include in my wireless network. I am using a DLink G650 vc.1. This card works fine in my Dell, but I can't seem to get it to work with the Gateway. The network connections show it is connected to the network, but under the support tab of the network connection there is not ip address information etc. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

ironhide

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2009
Is gateway laptop with built-in wireless card? or it does have a 3rd party wireless card installed on it?Windows operating system?

teajai67

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2009

gateway 200arc has and intel pro/100 ve network adapter listed in the device manager (dlink is listed too) under other devices there is '?' over the network controller

ironhide

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2009
D-Link?.Seeing it under other devices indicates that it is not installed properly(drivers not intalled). Would you mind giving me the complete name of all devices under network adapters found on device manager?so that we can identify which wireless adapter is being used by your pc.

Thanks!

ironhide

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2009
Alright!

But which of the two is wireless?Kindly post the complete device name for both.

Kindly check as well thedevice status on both.Just right click on it and click properties.

By the way do you have another pc with is getting internet from the router?
Thanks!

teajai67

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2009
the dlink dwl-g650 is the wireless adapter. i use it with my dell laptop. the intel pro came with the gateway. both are 'working properly.'
the details:

dlink dwl-g650 vc1
intel pro/100 ve network connection

i am connected wirelessly to the internet via my dell laptop using the dlink dwl-g650

ironhide

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2009
Are you on Win XP? if yes, try this.

Look on the botton right hand corner of the screen,you'll see there a wireless icon.

-Right click on it and go to view available networks.
-On the left side of the windows click "change the order of the preferred networks" it's under related tasks.
- Make sure under wireless networks tab, the box is checked under "use windows to configure my wireless settings".
- Down below on preferred networks box,removed all networks listed then click ok at the bottom.
- Close all windows and right click on the wireless icon again and go to view available networks.
- Try to reconnect again.
- One connected,right click on the wireless icon again and go to status.Click support tab and check the IP.

teajai67

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2009

under the support tab, there is still no ip address etc., but i am connected according to the icon

ironhide

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2009
Do you have another pc with is getting internet from the same router?

Kindly check it's IP address and post it here.We'll try to do some work around.

By the way is this D-link wireless adapter a USB or PC card?