Solved

Disc is not writable insert a writable disc

Hi,

I have DVD-RAM drive in my hp laptop and i used to write DVD-R disc usually.
In the recent time i get an message when insert a dvd-r disc. The error message is

The disc is not writable

Please insert a writable disc

Disc required for compliation : DVD R/RW, DVD R DL, DVD-RAM

Disc type in the recorder :DVD-R

But i used the same disc before and it was half writtened already.

Pls. help me to resolve.
Note: burning software nero 7 essentils(nero smartstart)
8 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about disc writable insert writable disc
  1. Best answer
    "But i used the same disc before and it was half writtened already. "
    nero wont write datas on already writed disc unless you selected multisession option before you write the data's at first time using disc..
  2. Hi,

U mean that i cant write further in the same disc using nero or is there any option.
    can u refer me some other best burning software to write in the same disc.
  3. you cant use it.. for writingit again ..
    from now onwards enable multisession before burning dvd's if you want it to use it again to add more data's ..
    nero i quite enough.. but try to get version 8 atleast..
  4. Thanks manojgj for your useful info.
  5. Best answer selected by Nisar.
  6. hi there! manoj can i use the same disc which is not a writable disc..because at first the burning process was a failure..and then i tried to erase the disc..but cant..saying that this is not a writable disc..means i cant use the same disc again? or is there any solution for this..
  7. mahenshawn said:
    hi there! manoj can i use the same disc which is not a writable disc..because at first the burning process was a failure..and then i tried to erase the disc..but cant..saying that this is not a writable disc..means i cant use the same disc again? or is there any solution for this..

If it's a -R not a -RW you can't re-use it. If it started to create the disk, you need to get a new one.
  8. When a Disc-R is made Non-Rewritable, the laser scratches an invisible ring on the disc to stop further data to be imprinted. It is impossible to write on a disc that has been deemed non-rewritable.

Disc-RW on the other hand is able to rewrite over and over again, hence why it is called "RW (Rewritable)". These discs are much cheaper than Disc-R.

I would recommend Disc-RW if you are using it for pictures or like a memory-stick.

Disc-R is recommended if you are selling things like Games/Apps or things which you would not like to be removed. Disc-R automatically protects the data on the disc whereas Disc-RW can be tampered with by another user.
Ask a new question

Read More

Drivers DVD DVD Writers Windows XP