Tags:
  • Drivers
  • DVD
  • DVD Writers
  • Windows XP
Last response: in Windows XP
March 17, 2010 6:46:36 AM

Hi,

I have DVD-RAM drive in my hp laptop and i used to write DVD-R disc usually.
In the recent time i get an message when insert a dvd-r disc. The error message is

The disc is not writable

Please insert a writable disc

Disc required for compliation : DVD R/RW, DVD R DL, DVD-RAM

Disc type in the recorder :D VD-R

But i used the same disc before and it was half writtened already.

Pls. help me to resolve.
Note: burning software nero 7 essentils(nero smartstart)

More about : disc writable insert writable disc

Best solution

March 17, 2010 7:02:23 AM

"But i used the same disc before and it was half writtened already. "
nero wont write datas on already writed disc unless you selected multisession option before you write the data's at first time using disc..
March 17, 2010 7:12:18 AM

Hi,

U mean that i cant write further in the same disc using nero or is there any option.
can u refer me some other best burning software to write in the same disc.
m
l
Related resources
March 17, 2010 7:18:40 AM

you cant use it.. for writingit again ..
from now onwards enable multisession before burning dvd's if you want it to use it again to add more data's ..
nero i quite enough.. but try to get version 8 atleast..

m
l
March 17, 2010 7:29:18 AM

Thanks manojgj for your useful info.
m
l
March 29, 2010 6:35:37 AM

Best answer selected by Nisar.
m
l
May 1, 2012 1:56:05 PM

hi there! manoj can i use the same disc which is not a writable disc..because at first the burning process was a failure..and then i tried to erase the disc..but cant..saying that this is not a writable disc..means i cant use the same disc again? or is there any solution for this..
m
l
a b \ Driver
May 1, 2012 6:21:58 PM

mahenshawn said:
hi there! manoj can i use the same disc which is not a writable disc..because at first the burning process was a failure..and then i tried to erase the disc..but cant..saying that this is not a writable disc..means i cant use the same disc again? or is there any solution for this..

If it's a -R not a -RW you can't re-use it. If it started to create the disk, you need to get a new one.
m
l
Anonymous
a b \ Driver
January 14, 2013 7:39:39 PM

When a Disc-R is made Non-Rewritable, the laser scratches an invisible ring on the disc to stop further data to be imprinted. It is impossible to write on a disc that has been deemed non-rewritable.

Disc-RW on the other hand is able to rewrite over and over again, hence why it is called "RW (Rewritable)". These discs are much cheaper than Disc-R.

I would recommend Disc-RW if you are using it for pictures or like a memory-stick.

Disc-R is recommended if you are selling things like Games/Apps or things which you would not like to be removed. Disc-R automatically protects the data on the disc whereas Disc-RW can be tampered with by another user.
m
l
!