16-bit Windows Subsystem

July 12, 2005 12:22:57 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize (More info?)

When I try to install a couple of programs I get this message box:

16-bit Windows Subsystem

C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\aswMonVd.dll. An installable Virtual
Device Driver failed Dll initialization. Choose 'Close' to terminate the
application.

Close Ignore

If I close it it closes if I choose ignore it installs the application.

What gives any ideas

More about : bit windows subsystem

Anonymous
July 12, 2005 3:55:12 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize (More info?)

Hello,

"16 Bit MS-DOS Subsystem" Error Message When You Install a Program
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q314452

--

Anando
Microsoft MVP- Windows Shell/User