16-bit Windows Subsystem

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize (More info?)

When I try to install a couple of programs I get this message box:

16-bit Windows Subsystem

C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\aswMonVd.dll. An installable Virtual
Device Driver failed Dll initialization. Choose 'Close' to terminate the
application.

Close Ignore

If I close it it closes if I choose ignore it installs the application.

What gives any ideas
1 answer Last reply
More about windows subsystem
  1. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize (More info?)

    Hello,

    "16 Bit MS-DOS Subsystem" Error Message When You Install a Program
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q314452

    --

    Anando
    Microsoft MVP- Windows Shell/User

    In memory of Alex Nichol

    Folder customizations
    http://newdelhi.sancharnet.in/minku

    Protect your PC!
    http://www.microsoft.com/protect

    "Me2Ewe" <blaray@gmail.com> wrote in message news:OBjVfiohFHA.2840@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
    > When I try to install a couple of programs I get this message box:
    >
    > 16-bit Windows Subsystem
    >
    > C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\aswMonVd.dll. An installable Virtual
    > Device Driver failed Dll initialization. Choose 'Close' to terminate the
    > application.
    >
    > Close Ignore
    >
    > If I close it it closes if I choose ignore it installs the application.
    >
    > What gives any ideas

Microsoft Customization DLL Windows XP