NON gaming - 3 monitors on new build problem / p5n32-e

sbdesign

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2007
Hi guys, recently (monday) Built my new system for Photoshop.

I have installed Vista ultimate.
2 gig ram (other 2 gig not working but have loads of reading on how, when i get a sec)

I have a q6600 not overclocked

2 x dudal dvi saphire HD 2600 pro's (512 each)

I have installed on the ASUS p5n32-e sli board.

I really don't have a clue about this new technology such as SLI but gather if i got 2 sli cards I could combine the power which is pointless for me.

I need 3 x dvi and enough video memory to run them for photoshop and the odd movie.

I thought 2 x these dual GDU would do.

After install, 2 work beautiful but the other 1 comming from second card is SO SLOW!
It takes ages to respond and also if I drag something onto it, the computer nearly freezes.

I take it this out put isn't getting any power?

Any ideas? do I need to change the pci port (im using both blue ones)

please say I can get this running or should I be looking at sending these cards back.

Help very much appreciated.

Kind regards
SBDESIGN

sbdesign

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2007
so I need to send these back?
no way of getting this to work?

the computer site I bought from recommended these, thats why i got them.

can I not get 2 standard 256's and run 2 x dvi 1 x vga or will the vga one look odd?

Hatman

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2004
Thats a load of bull, they will work fine on an nvidia board.

I think you have to intall drivers twice, one for each card, idk if that will help or youve done that yet.

sbdesign

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2007
Installed the graphics card again from the other disc and...

WHEY HEY !!!!!!!

All works and F ME!!!!!!!!

Just loaded a beach scene 22mb in size across all 3 screens with the lights out.

I was there man!

Just need a cocktail and some skins.

I was worried about these 22" samsung pebbles because designers lcds are £500+ each for 19" etc so i thought these would be poor, but I have never seen out like it. Resolution like I have never seen before.

Can't thank this forum enough now got my 4 gig ram and 3 monitor set up ready,you'll see me in the ocing forum next cranking this baby up.

Cheers
John