Antec 900, Is There A Way To Disable The Blue LEDs?

G

Pretty much I have my comptuer built with the Antec 900. I don't mind the blue LED lights on the 3 fans, but I'd prefer it if they weren't on. Is there a cord I can but to disable them?

Gorgon

Distinguished
May 27, 2005
Unplug the jumpers for the leads (little cables you connected when assembling the motherboard). Check the motherboard manual to see which ones.

Falken699

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2007
If you follow ALL the wiring from the front of the case, you should see a Molex (the same power conn. used for CD/DVD drives) Just unplug that.

That is how it worked on my Antec Sonata II, and I purposefully didn't plug it in during my build. But with people always kicking my ninja-black case in the dark when gaming and watching movies, I figured it was SO DAMN bright that it was a good insurance they'd spot it.

Also, sometimes I have it running so quiet I forget to turn it off before heading off to bed, so these are just some good points to consider.

I HATE when my computer gets KICKED !!!!

G

I'm sorry I posted a little unclear before. I want the LED lights off, but I want to keep the fans on. Is there a way to do this? Keep the fans running but maybe cut the wire that goes to the LED?

G

Ok I figured it out. There's a small wire that runs along the bracket of the fans, if I snip that wire the LED cannot turn on. That apparently is the only way to disable the blue LED lights on the Nine Hundred.

Figure I'd post that since I've seen a lot of posts by people saying they'd like the Nine Hundred case for the cooling, but do not like the look due to the LEDs.

huggy bear

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2007
Can I just be clear, is there any way of temporarily disabling the lights (while having the fans work). It would be nice to switch them off sometimes but I wouldn't want to permanently disable them by cutting wires.

you would have to add a switch to the wires for the LED

so
/ = switch :)

+ -----/ -----L
E
- ------------D

Then the switch(it can be on either wire.....but not both...) can interrupt the power to the LED only and not the fan