Sign in with
Your question

Dell Gx620 Admin Password and Setup Utility

Last response: in Applications
August 25, 2012 8:47:31 PM

Hi All :hello: 

I'm hoping some folks cane help me with which I hope is a straightforward question.

My boss kindly gave me two Dell GX620 USFF pc's. They were linked up to the company network, however, neither were the master computer.

I have been asked to return the hard drives which I will, however, I've come across a potential problem that I'm unsure about.

When booting up I press F1 and it loads the company's old system and then goes to blank white, this is because it can't locate the main network. I decided to check if I could at least load my OS disk which it doesn't, the only option is to press F1. I entered the setup utility through F2 and tried to change the order of the boot sequence to DVD drive first, however, these settings could not be changed as there is an admin password required to change it.

I took out the cmoss battery and the jumper but this password remains, so my main question is: when I change the hard drive will this admin password remain? I'm hoping not because I reckon this admin password must be on the hard drive. Am I wrong? Can anyone help?

Oh, and the reason I'm asking is that these pc's have lain dormant for over six months and my boss can't remember the old password. If there's no way around this then I reckon they are for the bin.

Thanks again :) 
August 25, 2012 9:55:07 PM

Why don't you just try?

As far as I'd love to help you, tom's hardware doesn't allow the help of cracking/overcoming passwords, because we have no way of knowing whether it's not a stolen machine. Sorry.
September 25, 2012 5:37:01 AM

Hi Gareth1981,

The reply is not related to this thread, i need to confirm one thing that have you download a mobile app named 'mobile dating app' from BlackBerry app world ? i want to know more details about that. please send a chat to ratheeshcn87@gmail.com.

Thanks in Advance...
!