Help and Advice Needed on Temps and Such...

pous

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2007
Hi everyone, I've got some questions... hopefully you guys have answers :D

Here's a picture of three diagnostic programs on my computer:
SystemTemps01.jpg

Here's link if that didn't work: http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i15/MisanthropicDream/SystemTemps01.jpg

Here's the questions I have:

1. On speedFan it's showing 63C (referring to my video card) and there's a fire icon next to it... is that too hot?
2. If it is too hot is there an easy way to cool it? Is a third party cooler necessary? Would cutting the grill off the back exhaust fan on my PC help any?
3. It's only listing one fan on SpeedFan... how do I know what fan that is?
4. The temps in Core Temp vary by about 15c from the tems in Speed Fan... is this relating to what the guy said in the guide to OC thread on this site? I know a lot of you might be mad for me posting this when a lot of this info is out on the site, but I have a hard time with the search function and it's easier for me sometimes to just ask questions in a thread like this... so if you're upset, I apologize)
5. Also in Core Temp it shows Revision: G0... does that mean I have the G0 stepping? Or is that something else?
6. I notice it has 266.67 x 9.0 for the Frequency... I've gathered that it's multiplier times FSB to make the speed... but then in CPU-Z it says Multiplier x 6.0... what's the deal with that? Anyone know?
7. CPU-Z says 1.136 v and Core Temp says 1.2625v... how can I know which is right?
8. OC'ing is done in BIOS is that correct?
9. Any links you can provide, as well as direct advice would be wonderful, I'm trying to learn about all this stuff because I think it's important.
10. I'll be happy to post any more pictures you need or answer questions about my build, although the hardware specs are listed in the little hardware spec icon thing I have set up through the site.

Thanks in advance for any help or advice I can get.

akhilles

Splendid
1) DX10 gaming card is that hot. No worry
2) Take 8800 for example. It can run up to 90'c load. No worry.
3) No. Best use your mobo's sensor temp program that will tell you which fan it is.
4) Core Temp is more accurate than Speedfan, but my readings from both are almost the same.
5) Yep, G0 = best Q6600.
6) CPUZ isn't very accurate. Look at the cpu voltage.
7) See above. I'd say neither. Bios = best.
8) Not necessarily. Some boards come with o/c'ing software. i.e. Gigabyte's Easy Tune = crap.
9) Learn what? O/C'ing? There's an o/c forum here. Read the sticky.
10) Post your specs in signature.

pous

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2007
Thanks for the reply!! I fixed my sig so that it shows my hardware.

About #9... I've read the sticky, but some parts of it were confusing, I was just meaning with that like if anyone had any other links to offer for good OC info and such.

Also glad to hear that it's normal for the 8800 to be that hot, I was all worried last night that it was over-heating or something...

Thanks again (=

TRENDING THREADS