Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Problems with My System and some questions

Last response: in Windows XP
March 17, 2010 6:12:14 PM

To start off I want to say that I've been a windows user since waaay back when v 3 but never considered myself a power user and whenever I've installed the OS it's just been a basic install and I've never found the time to really get into the OS to tweek my system to run as good as it can. Been a lot of angst there to, always afraid to change something that could mess up my system. I would like to change that!

After going thru the troubleshooting process to find out what the problem is with my system (new video card on order),
I now find that I have some problems my OS which is XP pro SP3.

The main problems is that whever I rebot my system it tries to install something called photogallery and something else just call fax. If i try to let it install it just goes to a window where it's looking for the proper location to install from. Of course I have no idea because I have no idea where these two programs came from it never installs. I've just been cancelling the install try whenever I do reboot the system. That needs to stop.

I'm pretty sure the problem came after I tried restoring to an earlier date and after waiting about 1 hour for the restore to go thru it told me that it couldn't do the restore. Since then the system has had the above problem and pretty much been acting weird.

Is there anything I can do to correct this?

IS there any way to do a resintall of XP pro from the CD without losing my important programs, files etc?

Where can i go to find out good information on how to install and configure a system that is running XP pro?

Best solution

March 17, 2010 9:01:55 PM

Do you have an HP brand computer? or even a printer of HP?

I believe that the "photogallery" program connect in some way to an HP device.
If that's true - go to HP website and download updated drivers for your HP device's.

Let me know if that solve your problem.
March 18, 2010 1:37:49 AM

Matan Eldan said:
Do you have an HP brand computer? or even a printer of HP?

I believe that the "photogallery" program connect in some way to an HP device.
If that's true - go to HP website and download updated drivers for your HP device's.

Let me know if that solve your problem.

Thanks, I should have known that, now I feel like an idiot :( . I reinstalled the printer drivers and all is ok, no more trying to install every time it boots up :) .
Score
Related resources
January 27, 2012 8:49:03 PM

Best answer selected by mousemonkey.
Score
January 27, 2012 8:49:06 PM

This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Score
!