abc23023

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2007
hello everyone,

Here's my situation: I have an old Dell Dimension 8250, and it has RDRAM. As everyone knows, RDRAM is SUPER F***-ing a** (any other swear word you want to throw in) expensive. I currently have 512 MB of it in my computer. The other day, a friend bought a new computer, and gave me his old memory, which happens to be 1GB of RDRAM!! In my excitement i slapped everything in my computer. It didn't work, and started giving me beep codes, and a message saying the memory was incompatible. So i googled the model #'s of the memory sticks and found out that it was 45ns fast and my computer only takes 40 and better. Is there any way of speeding up the memory, or even slowing down the processor, (the memory is a BIG bottle-neck) to get everything to work?

I would sell it on ebay, and use crucial's website to get compatable rdram for your 8250. The Dell bios doesn't include any options for adjusting memory settings. If you ebay it, check the going price for it on pricewatch or ebay before setting a minimum price. You can also check ascendtech.com for dell boards that use regular ddram. You might find one that will fit your case.