Paste in Word 2002

Perhaps you can give me a suggestion. I can't seem to paste graphics (jpg,
gif, etc) into Word 2002. It works fine with Power Point and I am able to
display graphics in Netscape. It's as if Word is rejecting the file type.
(The pictures must be on the Clipboard otherwise PPT would fail as well). I
reinstalled Office XP Professional but with the same result. I'm on a Dell PC
with XP.
I have no global Templates and I I do not have the MS Works Suites. Any
ideas or options?
Thanks,
Fred
3 answers Last reply
More about paste word 2002

    Although this isn't the Word newgroup, that's Ok. What happens when you try
    to paste, meaning, is the option greyed out? Also, if you're trying to paste
    pdf's, you could try pasting the information into word pad and if it does the
    same thing then maybe the PDF application needs to be updated.

    Good Luck

    Kelly D

    "fredm" wrote:

    > Perhaps you can give me a suggestion. I can't seem to paste graphics (jpg,
    > gif, etc) into Word 2002. It works fine with Power Point and I am able to
    > display graphics in Netscape. It's as if Word is rejecting the file type.
    > (The pictures must be on the Clipboard otherwise PPT would fail as well). I
    > reinstalled Office XP Professional but with the same result. I'm on a Dell PC
    > with XP.
    > I have no global Templates and I I do not have the MS Works Suites. Any
    > ideas or options?
    > Thanks,
    > Fred

    Options are not greyed out. Pasting jpg image into Word Pad, Power Point and
    Word Perfect are OK. Pasting into Word produces a movement of the cursor but
    no image.
    Fredm

    "Kelly" wrote:

    > Although this isn't the Word newgroup, that's Ok. What happens when you try
    > to paste, meaning, is the option greyed out? Also, if you're trying to paste
    > pdf's, you could try pasting the information into word pad and if it does the
    > same thing then maybe the PDF application needs to be updated.
    >
    > Good Luck
    >
    > Kelly D
    >

    > "fredm" wrote:
    >
    > > Perhaps you can give me a suggestion. I can't seem to paste graphics (jpg,
    > > gif, etc) into Word 2002. It works fine with Power Point and I am able to
    > > display graphics in Netscape. It's as if Word is rejecting the file type.
    > > (The pictures must be on the Clipboard otherwise PPT would fail as well). I
    > > reinstalled Office XP Professional but with the same result. I'm on a Dell PC
    > > with XP.
    > > I have no global Templates and I I do not have the MS Works Suites. Any
    > > ideas or options?
    > > Thanks,
    > > Fred

    Do you get an outline instead of the picture?

    Open Word | Tools | Options | View tab | UNCheck
    Picture placeholders | OK

    Picture placeholders
    [[Displays an empty box in place of each graphic in your document. Increases
    the speed at which you can scroll through and display a document that
    contains many graphics.]]

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.

    Wes
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    In news:39348C1F-00F2-465D-A9EC-BBD009C17ED7@microsoft.com,
    fredm <fredm@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
    > Options are not greyed out. Pasting jpg image into Word Pad, Power Point
    > and Word Perfect are OK. Pasting into Word produces a movement of the
    > cursor but no image.
    > Fredm
    >
    > "Kelly" wrote:
    >
    >> Although this isn't the Word newgroup, that's Ok. What happens when you
    >> try to paste, meaning, is the option greyed out? Also, if you're trying
    >> to paste pdf's, you could try pasting the information into word pad and
    >> if it does the same thing then maybe the PDF application needs to be
    >> updated.
    >>
    >> Good Luck
    >>
    >> Kelly D
    >>

    >> "fredm" wrote:
    >>
    >>> Perhaps you can give me a suggestion. I can't seem to paste graphics
    >>> (jpg, gif, etc) into Word 2002. It works fine with Power Point and I am
    >>> able to display graphics in Netscape. It's as if Word is rejecting the
    >>> file type. (The pictures must be on the Clipboard otherwise PPT would
    >>> fail as well). I reinstalled Office XP Professional but with the same
    >>> result. I'm on a Dell PC with XP.
    >>> I have no global Templates and I I do not have the MS Works Suites. Any
    >>> ideas or options?
    >>> Thanks,
    >>> Fred

Windows XP