Getting past BIOS (Promise TX2300) + ABIT NF7-S

batkins61

Distinguished
May 4, 2008
I have an older home build using an ABIT NF7-S, with an on board SATA RAID (Silicon Image SIL 3112A). I want to use this box to provide RAID-1 storage (e.g. a NAS platform).

I bought a Promise Tech TX2300 and attached two WD drives in RAID-1. Since then I cannot boot my PC without bypassing the TX2300 BIOS at a space bar prompt.

Has anyone found a way to get around this? I have read some older articles that suggest you can't, in which case the Promise card will be history!

I am not using RAID on the SIL 3112A, and only one drive is attached. That is the system drive. The two drives on the TX2300 are not system disks, just data.

Any help, or a pointer to more info would be most welcome.

Thanks!
BAtkins61

batkins61

Distinguished
May 4, 2008
Ok, nuff said (lol).

This card's going back. It's completely unacceptable to not be able to boot unattended.

Oh, and did I mention that the Promise BIOS can't accept USB keyboard input? The motherboard BIOS and some other cards installed will respond to keyboard input - but the Promise card ignores both the spacebar bypass and CTRL-F from the USB keyboard.

Since I use a USB keyboard, not only do I have to be there to babysit when it boots, I have to find a PS/2 keyboard to plug in as well.

Sorry, Promise is now on my "list".