Anybody getting this message this morning?

Mulligan

Distinguished
May 14, 2004

Wrong Version Patcher 5.20050517.1T
Bad Client Checksum-reverify files.

......and of course I did to no avail

Dave

"Mulligan" <davewilson69@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
| Wrong Version Patcher 5.20050517.1T
| Bad Client Checksum-reverify files.
|
| .....and of course I did to no avail
|
| Dave

Got it, quit the client, restarted it.

It downloaded 1.4 MB and patched.

Think I found a bug. Deleted my [texts.pigg] file to fix the TINY TEXT
bug in the ENHANCEMENT MANAGEMENT screen over the weekend, this fixed the
text and changed it back to normal-sized text on that screen (thought it was
a patch issue from Update #3 on COH TEST).

C:\Program Files\City of Heroes\piggs\texts.pigg [3890 KB]

Well, I created a new character yesterday and got lazy on the keybinds
so I saved them (command " /bind_save " for default keybinds). I logged in
as the new character, loaded up my keybinds (command " /bind_load ") and now
the TINY TEXT on the ENHANCEMENT MANAGEMENT screen is back.

I'm in the midst of deleting [texts.pigg] again, redownloading, and
seeing if that fixes it once again so I can attempt to duplicate this bug
100% of the time by once again saving and reloading my keybinds.

On Wed, 25 May 2005 14:09:15 GMT, Mulligan <davewilson69@sbcglobal.net>
wrote:

> Wrong Version Patcher 5.20050517.1T
> Bad Client Checksum-reverify files.
>
> .....and of course I did to no avail

No, but the game was patched this morning, could that possibly have a
connection with your message?

good sign." -G

"George Johnson" <matrix29@voyager.net> wrote in message
| "Mulligan" <davewilson69@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
| | Wrong Version Patcher 5.20050517.1T
| | Bad Client Checksum-reverify files.
| |
| | .....and of course I did to no avail
| |
| | Dave
|
| Got it, quit the client, restarted it.
|
| It downloaded 1.4 MB and patched.
|
| Think I found a bug. Deleted my [texts.pigg] file to fix the TINY
TEXT
| bug in the ENHANCEMENT MANAGEMENT screen over the weekend, this fixed the
| text and changed it back to normal-sized text on that screen (thought it
was
| a patch issue from Update #3 on COH TEST).
|
| C:\Program Files\City of Heroes\piggs\texts.pigg [3890 KB]
|
| Well, I created a new character yesterday and got lazy on the keybinds
| so I saved them (command " /bind_save " for default keybinds). I logged
in
| as the new character, loaded up my keybinds (command " /bind_load ") and
now
| the TINY TEXT on the ENHANCEMENT MANAGEMENT screen is back.
|
| I'm in the midst of deleting [texts.pigg] again, redownloading, and
| seeing if that fixes it once again so I can attempt to duplicate this bug
| 100% of the time by once again saving and reloading my keybinds.

Did the keybind save/load thing no success in duplicating the bug.

Noticed that after my text went back to normal size after deleting the
[texts.pigg] file then reloading it from the COH servers the same TINY TEXT
occurred after my main character leveled.

I am still trying to get this to be a provable bug repeat. Will create
a new character (as well as backing up the fixed [texts.pigg] file as I have
backed up the defective file already) to attempt to repeat this bug.

> Noticed that after my text went back to normal size after deleting
> the
> [texts.pigg] file then reloading it from the COH servers the same TINY
> TEXT occurred after my main character leveled.

I think that you are on to something here. At some point in time last night
I had normal sized text, however, after I levelled, it went back to teeny-
tiny text again. I am not sure how I managed to get normal sized text, but
I didn't touch any of the files at all.

--
Marcel
http://mudbunny.blogspot.com/

Marcel Beaudoin wrote:
> "George Johnson" <matrix29@voyager.net> wrote in
>
>> Noticed that after my text went back to normal size after deleting
>> the
>> [texts.pigg] file then reloading it from the COH servers the same TINY
>> TEXT occurred after my main character leveled.
>
> I think that you are on to something here. At some point in time last night
> I had normal sized text, however, after I levelled, it went back to teeny-
> tiny text again. I am not sure how I managed to get normal sized text, but
> I didn't touch any of the files at all.

I've found it tends to be fine when I first log on but after a zoning or
two it's screwed once again.

I had to log out specially to read the text on my first Hamidon
Enhancement a couple of nights ago. :)

--
| Victory Server: Global chat handle: @JohnP |
| Brother Grim - Level 48 Scrapper (Broadsword/Regeneration) |