DXsocko007

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2006
Im on vista 64. With an X-Fi fatality gamer.

Ever sense i updated to the newest version, everytime i play any game on source my game will make a loud buzzing sound for ever. Once i close the game the buzzing goes away. But if i try to turn off my pc or start another game. I get a blue screen and it is dumping the physical memory and restarts.

Anyone else having a problem like this?

sailer

Splendid
I have the Fatality Platinum and haven't had that problem. I take it that you mean the latest driver update. If so, try rolling back the driver and see if it goes away. If it does, try contacting Creative and report what's happening. They may have a suggestion of what next to try. Or they may not, but will use your information while trying to fix your problem.

sailer

Splendid

Sounds like they found a bug and did the responsible thing of pulling it before it messed too many people up. Hopefully they'll get it fixed and be back to new drivers once again.

cpburns

Distinguished
Aug 28, 2006
all the problems i've heard about creative's x-fi is enough to leave creative out of my next build, xp OR vista.

that, and x-fi's have been known to screw with the IRQ table when SLI is enabled.

Kamrooz

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2007
I'm nabbing an auzentechi X-FI prelude for my nexxt build...Finally Creative let someone use their X-Fi chip...But atm the auzentech is using creative drivers..If they release their own there will be a nice alternative for atleast one card....Also the Auzentech uses better/higher grade parts then the x-fi series from creative ^^.

chookman

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2007
From all reports the Auzentech is the way to go... New drivers created by themselves, highend parts OPAMPS and solid state capacitors. Reviews have given them the thumbs up with equal or better quality than Creative parts. Future releases may include addons ie front panel etc.

Auzentech FTW

lp231

Splendid
I've got a Xtreme Music and Vista x64, but
sometimes when my system boots up it makes a loud shreaking noise
and turning my speakers to mute won't help. The only way to
get rid of it is to restart the system. :(

Still haven't figure it out yet. :\

randomizer

Champion

My dad got something very similar (but there was alot of noise not just shreaking) and he has the same card and OS. There were two fixes. Remove 1gb of RAM so hes left with 3gb or update to the Oct 09 (I think) drivers. After updating the drivers he can run the full 4gb again with no problems.

DXsocko007

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2006
i only had a problem with my mic sounding like i was underwater, the oct 9th drivers fixed everything, than i installed alchemy and all hell broke lose. i need Direct3D sound