New Gaming System

A0D

Distinguished
Oct 8, 2007
Alright building a new gaming rig, just one more thing and I'm good to go.
Specs so far:
RAM - Corsair 5-5-5 PC2-6400 Twin2X XMS 2GB DDR2 Kit (2x1GB) DDR2-800Mhz
Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-P35-S3L or ASUS P5K SE
GPU - Inno3D GeForce GF 8800GTS 320MB
PSU - 500W (Using in current system)
CPU - Intel E6750
HDD - 180GB (Using in current, maybe get a larger one but not important atm)
The motherboard is the component I mainly want input on, I just need a decent board with standard OCing features.
Atm I'm considering either the Gigabyte GA-P35-S3L or ASUS P5K SE from what I been told so far the P5K SE seems the better of the two any other opinons or even other boards?

akhilles

Splendid
I'm not sure if the SE is the same as vanilla, but I'd get the P5K vanilla which is the minimum for o/cing on the P5K platform. That or P5K DELUXE. Yes, P5K o/c's a bit better than S3/S3L/DS3L/DS3R.

akhilles

Splendid
It's cheaper, but I'm most afraid that ASUS might have tuned down overclocking features in the SE BIOS to make it affordable. i would still get a P5K. If you got the SE & found out it's not as good an overclocker as P5K, you'd kick yourself in the rear.

Well, there's always something better around the corner. You can play the wait game forever.

http://my.ocworkbench.com/bbs/showthread.php?p=421775#post421775

It depends on the monitor resolution. Always does for a gaming rig. 8800gts 640 is best for 1200 or higher res. Lower cards can play that big, but with lower video settings in games.

A0D

Distinguished
Oct 8, 2007
Yeah seems so, I always plan system then see something new and then wait and forget about it LoL
Guess I'll go with the P5K, just checked some other forums saw the P5K-SE didn't have any obvious OC features in BIOS so good thing you said that :D
Guess I'll start seeing whats the best deals I can get in shops near me, thanks for help.