stuck pixel

Have you found a software program that really unsticks a stuck pixel? Thanks
5 answers Last reply
More about stuck pixel
  1. Just unplug your LCD for the night and in the morning it should be gone. The hole left side of my LCD gets stuck pixels everyday so I must unplug everynight. :cry:
  2. a 'stuck' pixel is usually a hard flaw in an LCD panel. no way to really fix them. if you have stuck/dead pixels, check your warranty carefully, as many manufacturers dont warranty a single bad pixel anymore. usually you need a group of them, or a certain number over the entire display.

Now, a 'stuck' pixel using a CRT is another matter, time for a new video card, as your card probably has bad ram
  3. systemlord said:
    Just unplug your LCD for the night and in the morning it should be gone. The hole left side of my LCD gets stuck pixels everyday so I must unplug everynight. :cry:

thats not really 'stuck', but persistance. different problem, different solution.
  4. trying rubbing it very lightly with a microfiber cloth.
  5. http://lifehacker.com/software/lcds/fix-your-lcds-dead-pixels-152062.php

I've used this massage technique before and it worked pretty well for me. I even had an old LCD that I didnt really care about that had a stuck pixel and I just flicked the hell out of it and it fixed the problem... although I dont recommend flicking your screen, so I would try the massage technique.
Ask a new question

Read More

Tuner Cards Software Graphics