Sign in with
Your question

stuck pixel

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
October 27, 2007 4:19:41 PM

Have you found a software program that really unsticks a stuck pixel? Thanks

More about : stuck pixel

October 27, 2007 5:11:54 PM

Just unplug your LCD for the night and in the morning it should be gone. The hole left side of my LCD gets stuck pixels everyday so I must unplug everynight. :cry: 
October 27, 2007 5:13:31 PM

a 'stuck' pixel is usually a hard flaw in an LCD panel. no way to really fix them. if you have stuck/dead pixels, check your warranty carefully, as many manufacturers dont warranty a single bad pixel anymore. usually you need a group of them, or a certain number over the entire display.

Now, a 'stuck' pixel using a CRT is another matter, time for a new video card, as your card probably has bad ram
Related resources
October 27, 2007 5:43:15 PM

systemlord said:
Just unplug your LCD for the night and in the morning it should be gone. The hole left side of my LCD gets stuck pixels everyday so I must unplug everynight. :cry: 

thats not really 'stuck', but persistance. different problem, different solution.
October 27, 2007 5:57:12 PM

trying rubbing it very lightly with a microfiber cloth.
October 27, 2007 5:57:17 PM

http://lifehacker.com/software/lcds/fix-your-lcds-dead-...

I've used this massage technique before and it worked pretty well for me. I even had an old LCD that I didnt really care about that had a stuck pixel and I just flicked the hell out of it and it fixed the problem... although I dont recommend flicking your screen, so I would try the massage technique.
!