Intel cp ucode loading error?!? and bios crashed plz help

HTF

Distinguished
Sep 21, 2007
hi,
i built my first computer and i got it all together, but when i turned it on i got a"intel cpu ucode loading error" so i did some research and found othere people had this problem, and they said all they had to do is flash the bios.

So i went to asus website and got the 0404 bios update, and put it on my flash drive and went and flashed the bios and everything went fine, it earsed the bios, then wrote the bios, then it verified it, and said it will reboot in 5 seconds. but when it shut down it never came back on. soi powered it back up, and it said something like bad bios checksum. so i guess it crashed, cause it then reprogramed(my board has the crash free bios). and then i got the ucode error and a bad cmos checksum error, so i clear cmos. and turned it back on, it fixed the cmos error but i still have the ucode error.

what do i have to do to fix it. without crashing my bios. please help i've been trying to figure this out for the past to days straight. (getting a bit frustrated hehe)

specs:

Case: Antec P180B
PSU: Antec True Power Quattro 850W
Mobo: Asus P5K deluxe wifi edition
Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo E6850 3ghz
Memory: OCZ REAPER HPC pc2 6400 2gb
HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 (Perpendicular Recording) ST3500630AS 500GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive - OEM
graphic card: XFX 8800GT 512mb
cd drive: samsung sh-s203 lightscribe 20x dvd drive
monitor: samsung 206bw 2ms 20"

wingsofzion

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2006
hmm, your getting a cpu ucode error on a P5K Deluxe? Hmm, you m ay want to RMA that board cause that board is supposed to take that E6850 out the box with no issues.

HTF

Distinguished
Sep 21, 2007
now i read somewhere that a person had the same problem, and he decided the try and load windows and see if it works and he says it did, so i gave that a shot, and window installed fine, and it went to reboot, and it just got the same error