A8N32 SLI Deluxe Memory Issues

jasonrflash

Distinguished
Nov 5, 2007
I know there are problem several threads relating to this problem as there are several people with the same problem

I built my system about year and half ago with 2x1gig Corsair XMS 3200 sticks. I have never been able to get system to post with any memory in Channel B

Have tried several combinations. Currently I have 1 in Channel A1 and 1 in Channel A2. I want to run 4 gig but dont want to buy more memory if it aint going to post. Given that the manual suggests A1 and B1 for 2 sticks I cant work out what the problem is. Like I say seems to be quite a common problem and it appears that its faulty mobo that is the issue. Can someone confirm or deny this so I can set my mind at rest

Install latest BIOS. In BIOS set memory voltage to RAM Mfg. specs. I've run 4 DIMMS Crucial Balistic PC4000 500mhz. no problem. The A8N32-SLI has one of the hottest running NB ever. You will need good ooling to OC.

jasonrflash

Distinguished
Nov 5, 2007
ok will give it ago. Have you ever had or seen anybody whos had this problem. Seems to be quite common but nobody seems to be 100% sure of solution

G

I have an a8n32 sli deluxe motherboard running with an amd x2 toledo 4400 2 gigs of ram, geforce 9800 xlr8 edition with a gig of ddr3 video memory and i had the same issue. When i first put the system together, it wouldnt post, and have had this problem occur many times with this motherboard(3 or 4 but thats way too many) and have even replaced the ram on one occasion. I came to find out that the memory slots on the motherboard, are slightly too large and dont seat the RAM into the board properly, causing the board to not post. I just called ASUS the otherday and am RMAing my board to have them try to fix it. (apparently you get 3 years to do this) I've had the system up and running, and its ran beautifully but over time with fan vibrations, the memory must have been knocked out of place and then i had problem with the POST.

KennyLynd

Distinguished
Aug 12, 2009
I have had the a8n32sli deluxe for almost 4 years now, and never did get 4 sticks to work in it. I have the other two in a jar pencil holder on my desk. I spent countless hours on the phone with Fry,s with corsair (the memory sticks are CMX1024-3200PT / XMS3200 1024MB 400MHz, Latency 3.3.3.8) peering fruitlessly and endlessly at the memory product id differences on the memory configurator....tried all kinds of settings over and over and over. I could almost get it to boot with three, but 4 give a black screen.http://img.tomshardware.com/forum/uk/icones/message/icon9.gif

I just gave up. I spent about 4 months every day trying to figure out the problem. I hate being a quitter, but this one thing beat me. My computer runs pretty good with two GB, but I often wonder what it would have done with all four. Not willing to take the risk of buying more memory without knowing if it would work....

Oh well...... you cant win them all. This comes from someone who runs windows vista on their playstation3. So what I lack in some skills, I make up for in tenacity......

freqdomain

Distinguished
Oct 9, 2009
I came here looking to verify the A8n32-SLI Deluxe manual, which specifically states:

"If you installed four 1GB memory modules, the system may detect less than 3GB of total memory because of address space allocation for other critical functions. This limitation applies to Windows XP 32-bit version operation system since it does not suport PAE (Physical Address Extension) mode."

... and ...

"If you install Windows XP 32-bit version operating system, we recommend that you install less than 3GB of total memory."

So unfortunately, the above posts seem to confirm what the manual says.