T8RR8R

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2007
Hey guys, I just picked up a board that doesn't have any kind of option to update the BIOS other than with a floppy. Is there a way to update without a floppy and/or where can I get a new pack of floppy disks. I live in BFE so I don't have many stores around me that have computer supplies. Walmart is the best I can do. :( sad I know.

Anyway the board I have is in my sig.

Paperdoc

Polypheme
Ambassador
Should be able to pick up 3½" floppy disks almost anywhere. WalMart, Kmart etc should be cheap, could try Radio Shack, office supply stores. Do you have a 3½" drive to hook up? They're getting less common, sometimes a used computer parts store is a good place. The floppy drive unit needs a different cable to hook up, not the same at the 40-pin flat ribbon for HDD's. It is still a ribbon, but narrower with fewer pins in the connector. NOTE that the Master position is set by the cable, not by a jumper like older HDD's. Floppy Drive A: is always the one on the END connector with a part of its ribbon cable twisted. Pay careful attention to which is Pin #1 on the mobo connector AND the floppy drive connector - the cable's red stripe on the edge must go to the #1 Pin on each.