Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Leaked DX 10.1 New Features

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
October 28, 2007 4:25:29 PM

http://www.teamati.com/DirectX%2010_1%20White%20Paper%20v0.4.pdf

The above link is a ATI while paper on DX10.1 and what is new and improved about it. Pretty interesting article.

Have a look.

More about : leaked features

October 28, 2007 4:37:31 PM

The .1 is actually a pretty big improvement, The lighting effects should dramatically improve not to mention the custom AA programmability. Good stuff all around.
Related resources
October 28, 2007 5:17:37 PM

hmm interesting... hopefully the radeon 3k series are beasts!
October 28, 2007 5:24:37 PM

Will certainly be waiting for 10.1 before getting my next card..
****, I've been saying that for years now - still got my solid nvid 5900 ! (directx 8 !). I kind of skipped dx9.. (ahem..)
Brass balls
October 28, 2007 5:27:56 PM

Yeah... looks like im definitely waiting. I wonder how Nvidia will counter this.
October 28, 2007 5:48:53 PM

how long before any of this is being used in games?
October 28, 2007 6:14:28 PM

fonzy said:
how long before any of this is being used in games?



Ditto. That is the real question. It is great and all to have a 10.1 card but until developers pick up on it your no better than a 10.0 card. I'm more interested in what people are actually doing rather than what COULD be possible.
October 28, 2007 6:33:14 PM

wstcoaster07 said:
Ditto. That is the real question. It is great and all to have a 10.1 card but until developers pick up on it your no better than a 10.0 card. I'm more interested in what people are actually doing rather than what COULD be possible.


I think more importantly than DX10.1, I'm sure these cards are going to be a step up in performance (hopefully) over the 2900 in DX10.

I think DX10.1 is just the cherry on the top.

I've never really been a big ATI fan but I would like to see some competition and at least have a choice in the market of highend gaming cards.
October 28, 2007 6:57:08 PM

pchoi04 said:
I think more importantly than DX10.1, I'm sure these cards are going to be a step up in performance (hopefully) over the 2900 in DX10.

I think DX10.1 is just the cherry on the top.

I've never really been a big ATI fan but I would like to see some competition and at least have a choice in the market of highend gaming cards.



I agree, I think more importantly we hopefully should see performance increases with these DX10.1 cards in DX10.0 - not as drastic as using DX10.0 cards in DX9 games, but improvements still. The main thing is hopefully ATI/AMD get back on track after the merger and provide the market with some competitive options!
October 28, 2007 8:57:50 PM

To my knowledge currently all games that support DX10 are written in DX9 then certain parts of the code a specifically written for DX10 to provide the "extra effects" this is why that we dont really see much performance increase/decrease in enabling DX10 effect on such titles.

I believe it will be a long time before DX10 is fully supported (by this i mean written from scratch in DX10 coding) as there are ALOT of general users out there that wont want to spring for a DX10 card just so they can play these titles. And hence longer still till 10.1 is adopted.
!