Leaked DX 10.1 New Features

http://www.teamati.com/DirectX%2010_1%20White%20Paper%20v0.4.pdf

The above link is a ATI while paper on DX10.1 and what is new and improved about it. Pretty interesting article.

Have a look.
10 answers Last reply
More about leaked features
  1. DAMN!!!
  2. The .1 is actually a pretty big improvement, The lighting effects should dramatically improve not to mention the custom AA programmability. Good stuff all around.
  3. hmm interesting... hopefully the radeon 3k series are beasts!
  4. Will certainly be waiting for 10.1 before getting my next card..
    ****, I've been saying that for years now - still got my solid nvid 5900 ! (directx 8 !). I kind of skipped dx9.. (ahem..)
    Brass balls
  5. Yeah... looks like im definitely waiting. I wonder how Nvidia will counter this.
  6. how long before any of this is being used in games?
  7. fonzy said:
    how long before any of this is being used in games?

Ditto. That is the real question. It is great and all to have a 10.1 card but until developers pick up on it your no better than a 10.0 card. I'm more interested in what people are actually doing rather than what COULD be possible.
  8. wstcoaster07 said:
    Ditto. That is the real question. It is great and all to have a 10.1 card but until developers pick up on it your no better than a 10.0 card. I'm more interested in what people are actually doing rather than what COULD be possible.

I think more importantly than DX10.1, I'm sure these cards are going to be a step up in performance (hopefully) over the 2900 in DX10.

I think DX10.1 is just the cherry on the top.

I've never really been a big ATI fan but I would like to see some competition and at least have a choice in the market of highend gaming cards.
  9. pchoi04 said:
    I think more importantly than DX10.1, I'm sure these cards are going to be a step up in performance (hopefully) over the 2900 in DX10.

I think DX10.1 is just the cherry on the top.

I've never really been a big ATI fan but I would like to see some competition and at least have a choice in the market of highend gaming cards.

I agree, I think more importantly we hopefully should see performance increases with these DX10.1 cards in DX10.0 - not as drastic as using DX10.0 cards in DX9 games, but improvements still. The main thing is hopefully ATI/AMD get back on track after the merger and provide the market with some competitive options!
  10. To my knowledge currently all games that support DX10 are written in DX9 then certain parts of the code a specifically written for DX10 to provide the "extra effects" this is why that we dont really see much performance increase/decrease in enabling DX10 effect on such titles.

I believe it will be a long time before DX10 is fully supported (by this i mean written from scratch in DX10 coding) as there are ALOT of general users out there that wont want to spring for a DX10 card just so they can play these titles. And hence longer still till 10.1 is adopted.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards ATI Graphics