ATI HDTV Wonder / Remote problem

Last response: in Home Theatre
Share
April 20, 2005 5:13:59 PM

I have an ATI HDTV Wonder card in my PC. It's doing a pretty good job of
receiving HDTV (except Ch 38). It came with a wireless remote and I can't
get the remote to work. The remote says All-In-Wonder Plus. All the
drivers I can find say just All-In-Wonder. Does anyone have the AIW Plus?
If so what version drivers do you have. I've contactes ATI and all they
said was to load the newest drivers, but didn't tell me where to get them or
what ther were called. I've sent them additional emails which they are not
responding to. Their customer support sux!
Anonymous
a b \ Driver
April 21, 2005 12:16:59 AM

On Wed, 20 Apr 2005 13:13:59 -0500, "Skip" <cfad07@email.mot.com>
wrote:

>I have an ATI HDTV Wonder card in my PC. It's doing a pretty good job of
>receiving HDTV (except Ch 38). It came with a wireless remote and I can't
>get the remote to work. The remote says All-In-Wonder Plus. All the
>drivers I can find say just All-In-Wonder. Does anyone have the AIW Plus?
>If so what version drivers do you have. I've contactes ATI and all they
>said was to load the newest drivers, but didn't tell me where to get them or
>what ther were called. I've sent them additional emails which they are not
>responding to. Their customer support sux!

Their customer support, while prompt, is sux, as you say. Have to ask
them the same question more than once to get the question escalated to
someone that can understand it.

Their newer drivers are on the website, maybe inside the Catalyst
download. You just have to dig for them. My remote doesn't work
because I am using Windows 2000 instead of XP. Works great otherwise
and I don't need a remote anyway.
Anonymous
a b \ Driver
April 21, 2005 4:53:46 AM

"Skip" <cfad07@email.mot.com> wrote in message
news:D 465mb$ipr$1@avnika.corp.mot.com...
> I have an ATI HDTV Wonder card in my PC. It's doing a pretty good job of
> receiving HDTV (except Ch 38). It came with a wireless remote and I can't
> get the remote to work. The remote says All-In-Wonder Plus. All the
> drivers I can find say just All-In-Wonder. Does anyone have the AIW Plus?
> If so what version drivers do you have. I've contactes ATI and all they
> said was to load the newest drivers, but didn't tell me where to get them
or
> what ther were called. I've sent them additional emails which they are
not
> responding to. Their customer support sux!

I'd say they gave you the brush off. I knew I had seen a reference to the
Plus but couldn't remember where or find it through their search engine.
Using Google found it. Unfortunately it just says to keep using what you
have.

I'm using the RW2. Just in case you didn't, your supposed to install the
driver before plugging in the receiver. Mine didn't work in one USB port but
did in another. IRQ conflict I guess but didn't receive any error messages.

If that doesn't help post in the alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati newsgroup.

http://www2.ati.com/drivers/Catalyst_54_release_notes.h...
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
Anonymous
a b \ Driver
April 21, 2005 9:51:49 PM

"Skip" <cfad07@email.mot.com> wrote:

>I have an ATI HDTV Wonder card in my PC. It's doing a pretty good job of
>receiving HDTV (except Ch 38). It came with a wireless remote and I can't
>get the remote to work. The remote says All-In-Wonder Plus. All the
>drivers I can find say just All-In-Wonder. Does anyone have the AIW Plus?
>If so what version drivers do you have. I've contactes ATI and all they
>said was to load the newest drivers, but didn't tell me where to get them or
>what ther were called. I've sent them additional emails which they are not
>responding to. Their customer support sux!

The remote supplied with All-in-Wonder video cards requires a separate
package of drivers for support. Besides RYFM, try ati.com>Drivers and
Software>(Select your operating system in the L hand column)>Remote
Controls>Remote Wonder II.

A side note: Don't try to use FireFox to navigate the ATI web site.
The clueless blithering buttholes at ATI have a love affair with M$ &
IE and are incompetent enough to rely on proprietary hooks for their
web site. (Gee, wonder where they got that idea?)
Anonymous
a b \ Driver
April 22, 2005 12:25:05 AM

"Teear" <BigFat@Frelling.Chan.ce> wrote in message
> "Skip" <cfad07@email.mot.com> wrote:
>
> >I have an ATI HDTV Wonder card in my PC. It's doing a pretty good job of
> >receiving HDTV (except Ch 38). It came with a wireless remote and I
can't
> >get the remote to work. The remote says All-In-Wonder Plus. All the
> >drivers I can find say just All-In-Wonder. Does anyone have the AIW
Plus?
> >If so what version drivers do you have. I've contactes ATI and all they
> >said was to load the newest drivers, but didn't tell me where to get them
or
> >what ther were called. I've sent them additional emails which they are
not
> >responding to. Their customer support sux!
> >
> The remote supplied with All-in-Wonder video cards requires a separate
> package of drivers for support. Besides RYFM, try ati.com>Drivers and
> Software>(Select your operating system in the L hand column)>Remote
> Controls>Remote Wonder II.
>
> A side note: Don't try to use FireFox to navigate the ATI web site.
> The clueless blithering buttholes at ATI have a love affair with M$ &
> IE and are incompetent enough to rely on proprietary hooks for their
> web site. (Gee, wonder where they got that idea?)

Fairly sure he meant Remote Wonder Plus. I've heard they are shipping with
HDTV Wonders now. Notes for latest Cat release(5.4) says to keep using the
divers from the CD.
April 23, 2005 11:10:06 PM

"T Shadow" <knone@zilch.com.invalid> wrote in message
> "Teear" <BigFat@Frelling.Chan.ce> wrote in message
>> "Skip" <cfad07@email.mot.com> wrote:
>>
>> >I have an ATI HDTV Wonder card in my PC. It's doing a pretty good job
>> >of
>> >receiving HDTV (except Ch 38). It came with a wireless remote and I
> can't
>> >get the remote to work. The remote says All-In-Wonder Plus. All the
>> >drivers I can find say just All-In-Wonder. Does anyone have the AIW
> Plus?
>> >If so what version drivers do you have. I've contactes ATI and all they
>> >said was to load the newest drivers, but didn't tell me where to get
>> >them
> or
>> >what ther were called. I've sent them additional emails which they are
> not
>> >responding to. Their customer support sux!
>> >
>> The remote supplied with All-in-Wonder video cards requires a separate
>> package of drivers for support. Besides RYFM, try ati.com>Drivers and
>> Software>(Select your operating system in the L hand column)>Remote
>> Controls>Remote Wonder II.
>>
>> A side note: Don't try to use FireFox to navigate the ATI web site.
>> The clueless blithering buttholes at ATI have a love affair with M$ &
>> IE and are incompetent enough to rely on proprietary hooks for their
>> web site. (Gee, wonder where they got that idea?)
>>
> Fairly sure he meant Remote Wonder Plus. I've heard they are shipping with
> HDTV Wonders now. Notes for latest Cat release(5.4) says to keep using the
> divers from the CD.

Right - it's the Remote Wonder Plus. The drivers from the CD say they are
for Remote Wonder II. I tried loading that and the remote doesn't do
anything. I've searched for RW Plus drivers on the ATI web site and can't
find anything. ATI said to download and install new drivers from their web
site but didn't tell me what they're called or where to find them. I
downloaded and inatalled Remote 3.01.0.0 and they don't work either. When
I plug in the USB receiver, Windows XP says New Hardware Found - but can't
find drivers to install either on my HD or on my CD. I'm lost.
Anonymous
a b \ Driver
April 24, 2005 11:36:11 PM

"Skip" <sallison@ameritech.net> wrote in message

> "T Shadow" <knone@zilch.com.invalid> wrote in message
> > "Teear" <BigFat@Frelling.Chan.ce> wrote in message

> > can't
> > Plus?
> > or
> > not
> >> >
> >> The remote supplied with All-in-Wonder video cards requires a separate
> >> package of drivers for support. Besides RYFM, try ati.com>Drivers and
> >> Software>(Select your operating system in the L hand column)>Remote
> >> Controls>Remote Wonder II.
> >>
> >> A side note: Don't try to use FireFox to navigate the ATI web site.
> >> The clueless blithering buttholes at ATI have a love affair with M$ &
> >> IE and are incompetent enough to rely on proprietary hooks for their
> >> web site. (Gee, wonder where they got that idea?)
> >>
> > Fairly sure he meant Remote Wonder Plus. I've heard they are shipping
with
> > HDTV Wonders now. Notes for latest Cat release(5.4) says to keep using
the
> > divers from the CD.
> >

> Right - it's the Remote Wonder Plus. The drivers from the CD say they are
> for Remote Wonder II. I tried loading that and the remote doesn't do
> anything. I've searched for RW Plus drivers on the ATI web site and can't
> find anything. ATI said to download and install new drivers from their
web
> site but didn't tell me what they're called or where to find them. I
> downloaded and inatalled Remote 3.01.0.0 and they don't work either.
When
> I plug in the USB receiver, Windows XP says New Hardware Found - but can't
> find drivers to install either on my HD or on my CD. I'm lost.

News server was down yesterday. Didn't understand that you got the wrong
drivers on the CD. I can't find any for the RW+ on the website either. Looks
like your only choice is to get the right drivers or a different remote.
Don't know how often they post new drivers for the remotes but it's usually
2-3 months for MMC.
Good Luck.
!