Connecting to website secure area fails - Passport problem?

Not sure if this is a Passport problem or an XP Problem

I am trying to connect to a secure area of a website which asks for my
User Name and Password in a pop-up window titled 'Connect to' (followed
by website URL). I type in my User Name and Password correctly (with the
correct case) but the website refuses to accept them. I seem to remember
having a similar problem once before and solving it it involved changing
an entry in some Windows XP registration file I think.

Anybody know how to solve it?

Thanks

--
austin38

austin38 <austin38.1s211m@pcbanter.net> wrote:

>I am trying to connect to a secure area of a website which asks for my
>User Name and Password in a pop-up window titled 'Connect to' (followed
>by website URL). I type in my User Name and Password correctly (with the
>correct case) but the website refuses to accept them. I seem to remember
>having a similar problem once before and solving it it involved changing
>an entry in some Windows XP registration file I think.

Try this: "How to troubleshoot problems accessing secure Web pages
with Internet Explorer 6 Service Pack 2"
(http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=870700).

--
(tm)
ICQ: 192649233