I don't think there is any doubt now...

...at the performance of the 8800GT. Tom's review checks out with every one released prior.
17 answers Last reply
More about doubt
  1. SWEEET THG just released new articles WOOT... shall post back after i read..

they even have one about penryn
  2. I see no one here on the forums actually reads the main site.
  3. I want a 8800GT! It's frigging sweet!!
  4. i read it everyday but i only check once per day at like 4pm pst
  5. I was just joking.
  6. I wonder what kinda of performance we will be seeing in Q1 2008 when I am thinking about about upgrading.

Clearly the 8800GT will rock my X1900XT 512mb, but I'm not ready to toss a card that's only a little over 1 year old.
  7. nehalem :D
  8. I'm waiting for the next highend but this card at ~$225-250 makes me want to grab one for the hell of it. Probably a big upgrade from my 7950GT.
  9. HD 3800 release soon.. i will wait to see the war that will happen between the two. i think ATi will win.
  10. maverick7 said:
    nehalem :D

At best Nehalem will be out sometime in H2 2008. I'm guessing the Extreme version by late Q3 2008, and more affordable Nehalems in Q4 2008/ Q1 2009. Gotta remember that they will be switching sockets too.
  11. sorry its late i thought u said u would be upgrading q4 2008 which is when nehalem is supposed to be released..
  12. Well, pending the reviews of the ATI releases, I'll be sticking this puppy in my future build. The performance/price is crazy!
  13. Has this had an effect on GTS prices? No luck on finding one here in the UK, so I can't make any comparisons.
  14. badders said:
    Has this had an effect on GTS prices? No luck on finding one here in the UK, so I can't make any comparisons.

This is what I think: http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/245752-33-question-8800gt

Short answer: Yes, it will.
  15. ill put this one on my "I wanna have for christmas"-list
  16. Bobjeee said:
    ill put this one on my "I wanna have for christmas"-list

At the moment, I've got a 2900Pro on my Christmas list.
    In the next month or so, depending on availability, that may have to change....
  17. Incidentally, does anyone else out there think that the French reviewer did a great job? Give Florentine (I think that was his name) some page space on the US side, I say!
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Performance Graphics