Motherboard not supporting drivers after installing xp on a sata hard

ELPIS

Distinguished
Mar 19, 2010
Hi All,
First excuse me for my grammar and spellings
A new member to this forum and appreciating you for your help.

So, here is my story...
Connected a Seagate barracuda 400GB hard drive (My friend's) to my power n ID cable (removing mine) to my desktop system. Something wrong n power cable Melted with smoke up to SMPS (Power supply unit). Later changed the SMPS and ID cable too.
Then after Bios Screen, a message came... "AA number has not been programmed in your system, press enter key to continue"...When i hit enter key, a blue screen appeared and system restarted automatically. Thinking windows problem attempted for formatting.

After hitting enter key to boot and install win XP from CD, a warning message came...."there’s not hard drive connected or found, press F3 to Quit"....no 2nd option given. Goggled and got some info and help. Accordingly I ve changed the SATA to IDE (Native) in bios. Worked fine detected hard drive and XP installation was great.

But now m not able to install drivers from my Intel Motherboard OEm CD. Autorun Does not show any driver or application to install, only a warning message..."drivers does not match with the motherboard". When i go manually (right click/explore), only LAN driver i can install. Others prompt error message.

What i can do to get my system back in good Working Condition.

ELPIS

Distinguished
Mar 19, 2010
Thanx a lot for for ur suggestion..tried various way to install the drivers but failed to install the drivers from motherboard oem cd..

Installed windows7, pretty ok...but 1new problem occurred.. my audio is not supporting 5.1 speakers. m only getting 2 channel output..Its realtek HD audio....downloaded drivers from their website...but no luck...in sound properties also(where one can check for the speaker sound) not playing all the speakers..

ny idea abt this problem??? Plz help..
Cuz m planning to go back to XP..As per others opinion, its a problem with Win7.. :sarcastic:

TRENDING THREADS